24 November 2009

Thanksgiving, and the preparations thereof

So, we're having Thanksgiving at our house this year.  It's a Burnstopia First.  I'm a little scared, but I've delegated The Meat, so I'm less nervous than I was originally.  And since I'm a very busy lady, far too busy to think of stimulating topics for original blog posts right now, I'm giving you our Thanksgiving menu to peruse.  Enjoy!

Appetizer: 

raw veggies and ranch (it's TRADITION!)


Dinner:

Roast Turkey
Mashed potatoes w/gravy, for those so inclined
Mashed sweet potatoes (with marshmallows)
Candied sweet potatoes (Chris' favorite, we're accomodating here in Burnstopia)
Steamed broccoli, carrots and cauliflower
Steamed green beans
homemade crescent rolls (y'all would die!  They are so good!)


Dessert:

pumpkin pie
apple pie (with vanilla ice cream)
(and maybe a butterscotch cream pie...
I can't decide, is 3 pies for 4 adults and 1 child under 2, too much?)

I delegated The Meat (and the gravy) to my mom and dad.  They are seasoned pros, and since they'll be down here to play with the Boy, I thought they might help a girl out.  Also my mom will be making the rolls because the only time I have attempted to replicate these rolls they...um...didn't quite turn out.  We had Crescent roll flop-overs instead of actual crescent rolls.  They tasted awesome, but they were not actually crescent shaped.

I have a service project this morning and cleaning tomorrow, my parents will get here in the afternoon and dad will probably help me shift some furniture around so that we can set up a bed for them...but the good news is that after Thursday, things will quiet down quite a bit.

So.

What's for dinner at your house?

Labels: ,

3 Comments:

At November 24, 2009 at 12:32 PM , Anonymous Brett said...

Mmm... I want to try the crescent rolls! And, in my opinion, you can never have too much pie. But I'm also the gal who could eat an entire pumpkin pie, so I might not be the person to ask. Have fun! And thanks again for ALL of your help. Don't know what we'd do without you.

 
At November 24, 2009 at 2:56 PM , Anonymous Bird said...

I say go for the extra pie. It will be too much but what's the harm in having leftover pie? Happy Thanksgiving!

 
At November 24, 2009 at 4:27 PM , Anonymous Erin P said...

Sounds really great! Don't worry, it'll go great! The first time I had relatives over, they made fun of me for setting out my serving pieces with index cards saying "potatoes" "peas" "corn" in them so I could be sure I had enough bowls....Enjoy yourself!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home