17 November 2009

A Boyish update

So, since we just got back from a check-up, I thought you would all enjoy an update.

Ok, all might be an exaggeration, MOM, you might enjoy and update.

The Boy is great, but you already knew that.  He's currently stuffing his hair brush into my shoe.  He's right in the 50th percentile for weight but he shot up to 80th percentile for height.  Being so short myself I'm not sure how that happened.  At this rate he'll be the same height as me by his 3rd birthday.  His giant noggin seems to have slowed down he's only in the 90th percentile instead of 95th.  He's got ALL of his teeth, except his 2 year molars.

And now we are to my very least part of parenting.  I realized this as I was holding his little body and he would jump and flinch and shriek as the needles sunk into his soft, chubby thighs.  I hate the shots.  I would rather change nasty poopy diapers.  I would rather be up with him in the middle of the night.  I would rather have TEETHING, than have to hold him during shots.  But Chris had meetings all morning, so I stepped up.  He sat on my lap with my arms around him while the nurse stuck 4 (FOUR) long, thick needles into him.  One.At.A.Time.  She was not fast.  She was NOT efficient.  He started screaming as soon as the alcohol hit his nose and by the third needle he was beet red and holding his breath.  When all was said and done, I laid him down on the exam table and wiped his tears away and tried to explain to him that a little hurt right now is better than a big hurt later on, or worse, a big hurt for a long time.  He settled down, I finished dressing him and with his blanket he cuddled up while we paid the co-pay, scheduled follow-ups and left.

We're home.  We're having some lunch and some naps and then a long afternoon of cuddling.  I'll probably make him a bowl of popcorn because he LOVES popcorns and I am in the mood to baby him a little.

Labels:

4 Comments:

At November 17, 2009 at 12:14 PM , Anonymous Whimsy said...

Yes, he most certainly DOES deserve some babying... as do you. Eat that popcorn, I say! And enjoy the cuddling.

 
At November 17, 2009 at 12:25 PM , Anonymous Katrina said...

I can't believe he has all his teeth! Asher just barely got his 7th and is now getting his 8th.

 
At November 17, 2009 at 12:40 PM , Anonymous Amy said...

Glad to hear that the doctor confirmed what we all know - he's great! Get in all the lovin' you can today. You both need it after those four shots.

 
At November 20, 2009 at 9:29 AM , Anonymous Erin P said...

Awww, those are the hardest days! You made it through like a trooper, and I hope you both enjoyed the babying as a reward.

These hard days will increase your strength for the hard days to come!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home