16 November 2009

Flour Power

Sometimes I think I am too serious.

Wicked funny, maybe, but too serious all the same.

I worry about the effect of all this seriousness on the Boy. We play, we read, we sing and dance but only after all the work is done. And when we read we don't read silly, nonsense books,** we read good, hearty, hale, wholesome books with BIG words! And extra definitions! And lots of the Boy looking at me like I've lost my mind and toddling off to find a TRUCK!

I worry about it to the point that I've taken to reevaluating messes. When I know that I'm going to have to clean up a mess anyway, I try to let the Boy have his way with it first.

Case in point:

Flour! Glorious, Flour!

My MESS, let me show it to you!



When all was said and done, I had two thin crust pizzas and we were both covered in flour. We had a rolicking good time though, and I wouldn't trade these flour dusted toes for all the tea in China.







**Who am I kidding? I have Barnyard Dance memorized! And Goodnight Moon! And the Very Hungry Caterpillar! And But Not the Hippopotamus! Ok, we read some silly books, but they have a good beat and you can dance to them.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home