16 December 2008

It's What's for Dinner

What are you having for dinner?

I'm having sticks of butter topped with chocolate.

So every year, my sister makes cookie plates for their friends, neighbors, and coworkers. And the past couple of years the Husband and I (and my parents) show up to help out (it's quite a production). Every year my sister makes these cookies called Cherry Blossoms.

They are delicious beyond description. They're essentially a butter cookie flavored with almond and cherry and topped with Hersey kisses. And I CANNOT STOP EATING THEM.

Might I remind you all that I lost approximately ZERO weight while nursing. So now that I am no longer nursing I am attempting finally to lose the pregnancy weight and get back into some sort of Wife Shape (as opposed to the Puddle of Goo shape that I currently am).

Will I be able to lose any weight whilst these cookies are baked and warm and staring at me with their great chocolate kiss eye? No, I will not. I will continue to eat them LA LA LA because they are so buttery and creamy and delicious.

And in the meantime, who needs pants?!?

Labels:

4 Comments:

At December 16, 2008 at 7:41 PM , Anonymous the MuLLinS said...

Hahahahahahahahhahaaaahaahhahahahahahaaaaa

Yes, I really laughed THAT LONG. You are too funny Melissas-Burns

 
At December 16, 2008 at 7:55 PM , Anonymous Sarah said...

No one! Absolutely no one needs pants! And if I were you I'd give up on the Wife Shape until after Christmas. Or maybe after Valentines. When is Easter this year?

 
At December 17, 2008 at 10:41 AM , Anonymous Miss Sarah in Georgia said...

We had this Monday and I loved it. Can The Husband have black beans? I know red beans are out ...

http://cheaphealthygood.blogspot.com/2008/12/black-bean-burrito-bake-one-dish.html

I'm going on a diet in the new year (for reals this time!). Do you want to be food-buddies?

 
At December 17, 2008 at 3:16 PM , Anonymous M said...

Sarah,

Love to! I'm trying to be cautious now, but come the New Year the Husband and I are both going to be more serious about being healthy and getting into shape, even if we don't strictly diet. I've already started trying to work more veg into our diets. I was so worried about protein while I was pregnant and nursing that vegetables took a back seat, now they're coming back to the forefront.

The Husband can't eat any dried beans! Tres malheureusement, n'est pas? But thanks for the website recommendation, I will check it out--I might be able to adapt stuff for the two of us!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home