30 November 2008

Home Again Home Again


We are Home and we are glad.

We started leaving Savannah yesterday around 10am. We left the low country around 3pm. We got home around 9pm. The Boy was a pill. We stopped to feed him and eat some dinner in a town called Lumberton. We ate at a Subway and the girl who helped us was COUNTRY. I couldn't even understand some of what she was saying, which her accent was that thick.

All said and done the trip was a success. The Husband particularly got to do everything that he had wanted to do and I consider it my job to make sure that the Husband is happy.

The Boy? He was charming and adorable and well-behaved. He was particularly charming with his uncle the Jefe...
He was absolutely fascinated by that big beard.

And yes, yes, he's wearing Baby Carhartts. They are almost the cutest thing I've ever seen...


And as proof that even the cutest boy will eventually wear down his mother after a whole week with family...


Yep. He's eating a traditional French baguette...I know. It's WHEAT! And he's only 4 months old! He's only had rice cereal! We don't know if he's allergic! I'm over it. He gummed that piece of crust until it was unrecognizable. He sucked and slurped and made his happiness known by completely ignoring the rest of us. It was adorable to see his little face light up at food that actually taste like something other than paste. And he LOVED it. Who can blame him. It was a great little French bakery on our way out of town. I myself ate a pain au chocolat that was worth every dripping calorie.

But after it's all said and done, we are glad to be home. And the Husband had a realization on our drive home wards...where we are--it's HOME. Much as he loves Savannah, that's just where the family lives.

Here, we are home.


*All pictures courtesy of the Jefe's iPhone. Thank you, Jefe!

Labels:

1 Comments:

At December 1, 2008 at 8:21 PM , Anonymous Sibley Saga .... said...

Those are ADORABLE pics! And I have to say, I haven't ever seen you with short hair and I think it's cute. :)

Plus, I like seeing you happy. And a pic of you adoring your child is a good happy moment.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home