05 December 2008

More Curse of the Baby Monitors and Christmas Came Early

I have decided that our baby monitors are possessed of the DEVIL.

And yes, I considered the OFF switch and also chucking them out o' the window BUT I really do need them at night when I'm asleep because if I catch the Boy when he's merely fussy as opposed to the COME AND GET ME RIGHT NOW, WOMAN screaming then he goes back to sleep SO much easier. And if I don't turn them on when he first goes down...well, then I sort of forget to turn them on at all...so until he's happy going to bed (HA! I hope I'm not still using these when he's a teenager) I think I might be stuck with the Surround Sound Screaming...although, I might make it the Husband's job to turn on the monitors before he comes to bed! That is a brilliant idea! Delegation!

Anyway, last night I heard baby fussing at 2:30 and 3 and 3:30 and 4 and EVERY time I got up to check on him he was sound asleep. So either we're picking up some other fussy baby or the monitors are possessed of the DEVIL.

And since the Husband is studying for finals and I am still under the weather, but the BOY is now going strong; we opened and assembled his main Christmas present today. We really needed him to occupy himself so that the Husband could study and so I could lay wrapped up in flannel and whining.

We bought him an exersaucer. And lo, he loved it.


He loved it with a love that was more than love, it was cross-eyed love...


The only problem being that his feet don't quite touch the bottom of the thing...ooops.

Labels:

3 Comments:

At December 5, 2008 at 4:16 PM , Anonymous Sarah said...

Yay for things that entertain baby! I'm a big fan of turning the monitor on when you go to bed. I would definitely delegate that to Chris. I agree that a just-barely-awake baby is much easier to deal with than a screaming-bloody-murder baby. Funny that.

 
At December 5, 2008 at 4:37 PM , Anonymous Gina said...

What a fun early surprise! Isn't it adjustable though?! On ours, you can press in the red tabs on the side to make it the right height. But anyway, still cute!

 
At December 8, 2008 at 9:25 AM , Anonymous ~SH~ said...

Pillows or blankets under the feet will solve the not touching the bottom issue. :)
Sorry the monitors are possessed - I leave ours in the bedroom on all the time (for the same reasons as you - I'd forget to turn it on come bedtime) and I HATE the awful feedback/crackling that comes through from time to time. But I deal so that I don't have to worry about forgetting!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home