23 November 2008

Thank you and Good Night

First,

Thank you all so much. I am truly overwhelmed by all your kind words and encouragement. And Molly called me! Not even 2 weeks postpartum and she CALLED me on the PHONE!!! I was so touched when I hung up that I cried. [When I was 2 weeks postpartum I was still whining to my mom and sister everyday and I don't recall that I even answered my phone, let alone picked it up to make a phone call. Which just goes to show you all how AWESOME that Molly is.]

And for the record, we're going to gradually wean him...he's getting one bottle of formula a day and we'll gradually replace the nursey works with bottles through December so that he'll (hopefully) be weaned by 6 months old. We'll see.

As for us, we're all headed down to Savannah for Thanksgiving. Well, not all of us, the Cats shall remain behind to take command of Burnstopia in our absence. Leike can't wait. A whole week without the mewling infant. So, if you don't hear from us--that's where we'll be. I will try to post at least once whilst sojourning in the low country...but I can't make any promises.

For what it's worth here's what I'm grateful for this year:

The Husband was busy napping, but I'm still really grateful for him, even when he's asleep.

And one of these:


The Boy, overly tired and therefore wired but I love him just the same.

Labels:

1 Comments:

At November 24, 2008 at 9:29 AM , Anonymous Katrina said...

Actually, Molly is less than one week postpartum. Amazing girl, she is. The boy looks SO happy in that pic! I can't get enough of baby smiles.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home