27 November 2008

Mid-sojourn

Greetings from the low country!

So far so good. When we left, the Husband wanted to spend an afternoon downtown with his best friend, go shooting in the country, eat lots of food, visit with family and catch up with some friends.

I just wanted us all to make it out alive.

Tuesday we spent the day downtown with the Best Friend of the Husband (aka The Jefe). We had lunch at this great barbeque joint--I ate the sides (some mac and cheese, fries and some rockin' collards--and I don't like collards but these were awesome). We lazed around Forsythe park, we broused E. Shaver's for books. We caught up and had a lovely mellow afternoon in the warm sun.

Aaaaaaaand we forgot the camera.

Wednesday the Husband and the Jefe gathered up an alarming number of firearms and ammunition and we drove out to a pine plantation where they did some shootin' and the Boy and I hung out in the house.

This time we brought the camera aaaaaaaaand forgot to take it out of the bag.

Today. Well. Let's just remember that Thanksgiving is not the Wife's best loved holiday. The Husband ate all of his favorites and played Guitar Hero with his brothers, sister in law and nephews. Me? I walked out to the end of the dock. The Boy and I went for a walk through the neighborhood. He had a nice nap and plenty of entertainment from his cousins.

And the day was sufficiently hectic that we also didn't take any pictures. Yep. The Boy's first Thanksgiving and we FAILED to document it. We are AWESOME parents.

I am thankful for many things and among them, I'm thankful to be past Thanksgiving. I'm really looking forward to Christmas, New Years and the Husband making a trek to Boston for my birthday. Keep him in your prayers we're hoping for very good things from this trek.

As for tomorrow, we're having lunch with Chris' grandmother and I think he's hoping to meet up with another lovely friend from school and then pack up everything for the trip home. We're set to leave early Saturday morning so that we can get home, do laundry, prep a lesson, go to a birthday party for one of our lovely friends and, in short, return to our normal life.

Labels:

1 Comments:

At December 1, 2008 at 8:40 AM , Anonymous ~SH~ said...

Glad I'm not the only one who forgets the camera. Yep, my kid's first thanksgiving goes undocumented as well - save for a camera phone pic. :P
Glad you survived and made it home happy, safe and sound! :)

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home