09 January 2009

Funny

When you're a kid on your birthday you eat cake, get presents and a party.

When you're an adult you get laundry. Lots of laundry. And also you get to clean the bathroom. And you get to suck snot out of your kid's nose.

And yet. Here's the crazy part.

I wouldn't change a thing. I love being an adult. I'm a lot better at it than I ever was at being a kid.

Happy Birthday to ME!**

The nose of death...fairly clean at the moment.



**Lest anyone feel sorry for me, don't! My sister is making me dinner tonight, my mom is making me a cake and if we're VERY lucky, the Husband is getting us a job! Life is grand!

Labels:

6 Comments:

At January 9, 2009 at 11:26 AM , Anonymous Katrina said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!

 
At January 9, 2009 at 11:32 AM , Anonymous M said...

Thanks, Katrina! When are you guys coming home?

 
At January 9, 2009 at 1:52 PM , Anonymous Sibley Saga .... said...

I know what you mean about doing things better as years go by. And yet, I don't want any 'do-overs'.

It was nice to talk to you this a.m. Happy Birthday friend!

 
At January 9, 2009 at 6:40 PM , Anonymous Kristin said...

Happy Birthday!

 
At January 9, 2009 at 11:34 PM , Anonymous Whimsy said...

Happy birthday duder. Very late. It's been something of A Day, though that really doesn't count for much.

I hope you had a wonderful and stupendous birthday, and that both the dinner AND the cake were great.

I'm working on your birthday wish, heaven help me.

 
At January 12, 2009 at 10:16 AM , Anonymous ~SH~ said...

HAPPY (belated) BIRTHDAY!!

Can't wait to to hear how the Husband's interview went!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home