05 January 2009

Nervous Tummy


The Husband and I are both having nervous tummy right now. He leaves for Boston on Wednesday morning and will be gone until Saturday. He interviews on Friday.

Need I remind you all that we REALLY want this Fellowship? Need I remind you all that we REALLY NEED this Fellowship?

I maintain that my nervous tummy is actually worse than his. After all, he is in control. He will go and meet people and be charming and intelligent and interesting. He can sit in that interview and look them in the eye and convince them that he is brilliant and that they want to hire him. I have to sit at home. With the Boy. And wonder.

I think my problem is that I wish I could be there. I wish I could sit at that table and look them in the eye and tell them how amazing the Husband is. How he is able to take an issue and turn it around and see it from all angles and then make a decision and act on that decision. I wish I could tell them how No Bull he is, how he will tell people the honest truth rather than spin them a web of half truths or whole lies. I wish I could tell them that no matter what they give him to do he is intelligent enough to do it. And if he doesn't know how to do something, he'll teach himself how to do it. I wish I could tell them about his capacity to lead people because he's done the work he's asking them to do, he knows it, he knows all it's unpleasantness, and as such he can empathize with them in a way that MOST administrators can't. I wish I could tell them that the one thing he has that no one else interviewing has is ME, backing him 100%.

But I can't be there. My job is here. Safe-guarding the home front. Nursing the Boy through this nasty sickness. And reinforcing the Husband via phone as he needs me. Please excuse me for a moment of whining...
THIS IS HARD.

It's hard to be the one left behind. The one not knowing. The one not in the room. Not able to read the situation and get a feel for it. It's hard knowing that my LIFE is on the line here and I can't do anything about it. And it's hard knowing that for those few days I can't be there with the Husband. I know that things will work out, but it's hard not knowing HOW they will work out.



Pray for us sinners, oh ye readers of this blog. For we come to you now in our hour of need.

Labels:

4 Comments:

At January 5, 2009 at 4:23 PM , Anonymous Sarah said...

Being left behind is SO HARD! This post reminded me of when Layne came up here to interview. I was worried the whole time. And I was so sure that he wouldn't brag about himself as much as I would have (why didn't they invite me anyway?). Then he came back and I was all questions. How was it? How did you feel? What was the hardest question? What did they say at the end? Oh, and then the WAITING to find out. Sheesh! I don't envy you at all but it's one of those necessary things I guess. You should have reminded us BEFORE fast Sunday - I guess it's never too late though. :)

 
At January 5, 2009 at 5:55 PM , Anonymous Whimsy said...

Of course you're in our prayers, as always - but I promise to pray EXTRA HARD for you guys while C is away. Good luck, you.

 
At January 5, 2009 at 8:30 PM , Anonymous Jeff VanD. said...

Good luck C. I'm sure you will do GREAT!

 
At January 6, 2009 at 8:31 AM , Anonymous ~SH~ said...

I'll be praying for you ALL this week! I know this is what you guys need and want - even if it means you'll be farther away. :(

Tell the Husband I said Good Luck!!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home