30 December 2008

A Very Layne Moment

So, I have been sorely missing my Bradley shaped friends. So I have a very Bradley story for you all.

Sarah and Layne were dating when I moved to Georgia. They became engaged in the Fall (right about the time that the Husband and I were getting serious) and then they got married on Valentines Day.

Sarah and Layne went on their honeymoon and whilst they were away they ordered pizza.

They went to pick it up.

Layne, ever the gentleman, carried the pizza out to the car for Sarah. But he carried it like it was a book. Under his arm.

Very much like this guy:

Naturally, at this point in the story, Sarah starts laughing. The way she tells it, she asked Layne what he was doing and he looked down at the pizzas totally oblivious to the fact that this was NOT how one carried pizza. They then open the box and see that all of the cheese and toppings had indeed followed Newton's law of gravity and slid into one melty puddle at that end of the box.

My favorite part of the story (and the subsequent point of this post today) is that a year later when they were pregnant with Alayna, Sarah kept reminding Layne that "She is NOT a pizza! You can't carry her like that." At which point in the story I always start to laugh uncontrollably.

The Husband and I have been friends with those lovely Bradleys for a long time now. We've heard this story more than once (I love to request it, besides the fact that it's funny to watch Sarah's face when she tells it, it's also funny to watch Layne squirm in embarrassment) , so you would think that I shouldn't have a picture of this:

Husband! He is NOT a pizza!

Try to look beyond my child's obvious joy at being carried like a pizza.

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

At December 30, 2008 at 9:28 AM , Anonymous Sarah said...

Too funny! Thanks for the laugh - I literally have tears leaking out. Because of course, with another baby in the house the old reminder is being heard again! That picture is great!

 
At January 2, 2009 at 1:08 AM , Anonymous Whimsy said...

That picture is PRICELESS. As is the story.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home