01 January 2009

2008 Meme

Here are my answers to Linda's traditional New Year meme. Enjoy, y'all.

1. What did you do in 2008 that you’d never done before?

Um. Have a baby?

2. Did you keep your new year’s resolutions, and will you make more for next year?

I don't actually recollect having made resolutions last year, I believe if I did that it was something along the lines of "survive pregnancy." So that's a big fat YES. As for this year, the Husband and I are both making resolutions.

3. Did anyone close to you give birth?

HAHAHAHAHA! Yes. Supreme and Creamy Whimsy, Sarah B., Sarah J., Kristin, Karen, and a bunch of other girls that I know.

4. Did anyone close to you die?

Does my sister-in-law's dog count?

5. What countries did you visit?

Just my own. Oh, and the country that my belleh became this year.

6. What would you like to have in 2009 that you lacked in 2008?

Peace of mind.

7. What dates from 2008 will remain etched upon your memory, and why?

July 12th.

8. What was your biggest achievement of the year?

Growing into motherhood.

9. What was your biggest failure?

How long number 8 took me. (Not counting the EPIC failure of my uterus.)

10. Did you suffer illness or injury?

HAHAHAHAHA! Try here, here and here.

11. What was the best thing you bought?

Hmmmm. That's a hard one. I really love our diapers. But the sprayer just makes them that much more fun.

12. Whose behavior merited celebration?

The Husband's hands down. No contest. I wholly acknowledge his right to a victory dance. Also, I'd kind of like to see that.

13. Whose behavior made you appalled and depressed?

Sometimes my own. For a variety of reasons. Rampaging hormones, stress, sleeplessness, and the kind of whiplash that only comes from serious change in your life.

14. Where did most of your money go?

HAHAHAHAHA! Dude. We had a kid. Most of our money went to health care.

15. What did you get really, really, really excited about?

Hmmm. The Husband (internship, last year of school, Fellowship applications) and the Boy (he's just so darn cute). I got to go see Whimsy and that was really really really exciting.

16. What song will always remind you of 2008?

A King without a Crown by Matisyahu.

17. Compared to this time last year, are you:


a) happier or sadder? Both. In different ways.
b) thinner or fatter? Oh please. FAT-TER
c) richer or poorer? A little of both. In different ways.

18. What do you wish you’d done more of?

Spending time with the Husband when it was just the two of us.

19. What do you wish you’d done less of?

Complaining. Whining. Whinging.

20. How did you spend Christmas?

A little bit at home, just the 3 of us. A little bit with my family.

21. Did you fall in love in 2008?

Again and again and again.

22. What was your favorite TV program?

I don't watch TV. Someday I'll give you my rant on why TV is the death of civilization as we know it, but not right now.

23. Do you hate anyone now that you didn’t hate this time last year?

I don't have time nor energy for hate.

24. What was the best book you read?

Oh my...How can I reasonably be expected to answer this question?!? I read a pallet load of books this year...um...um...um...I really liked the Asher Lev books by Chaim Potok. That's the closest I can narrow it down for you.

25. What was your greatest musical discovery?

Hmmmm. The Boy's laughter.

26. What did you want and get?

My family.

27. What did you want and not get?

My way.

28. What was your favorite film of this year?

Films? There were films of this year? Well. I think the only one I saw in the theaters was WALL-E and it was pretty good. I bought the Jane Austen Season from Masterpiece Theater on DVD and their version of Sense and Sensibility is quite good.

29. What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you?

What did we do on my birthday? I'm sure there was dinner. I just read my archives! There wasn't even DINNER! GAH! We have to do better this year! We have a WEEK! Although. I should probably lower my expectations. The Husband will be in Boston on my birthday--Babe, I'll settle for a JOB for my birthday present this year, mmmkay?

And we just won't mention how old I am, ok? Thankyouverymuch.

30. What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying?

Taking more time off of work when I was healthy just to enjoy the pregnancy. Relaxing in my own skin a bit more.

31. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2008?

Under the Big Top. Omar the Tent Man. Invest in MuMus people. Thar she BLOWS!

32. What kept you sane?

The Husband, of course. He really should get to put that on his resume. Additional Skills: Keeping Wife Sane. Miraculous.

33. Which celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most?

Fancy? Dominic Mafham. Hello, Mr. Lightwood.

34. What political issue stirred you the most?

Honestly? Abortion. I'm not sure why it's a political issue--it's more a social issue, but there it is.

35. Who did you miss?

The Usual Suspects: Whimsy and Samwise and Sarah.

36. Who was the best new person you met?

Met or became friends with? Met? Mary Grey. She's awesome. Became friends with? Kristin--she's pretty awesome too.

37. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2008.

You don't always get what you think you want. But you will get something to make it all alright. You may not recognize it at first, but it's there. Just waiting for you to figure it out.

38. Quote a song lyric that sums up your year.

Strip away the layers and reveal your soul
Got to give yourself up and then you become whole
You're a slave to yourself and you don't even know
You want to live the fast life but your brain moves slow
If you're trying to stay high then you're bound to stay low
You want God but you can't deflate your ego
If you're already there then there's nowhere to go
If you're cup's already full then its bound to overflow
If you're drowning in the water's and you can't stay afloat
Ask Hashem for mercy and he'll throw you a rope
...
Out of night comes day and out of day comes light
Nullified to the One like sunlight in a ray,
Makin' room for his love and a fire gone blaze. ---Matisyahu



Happy New Year!

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home