19 July 2008

1 Week later

Hello, World.

I am still alive.

And to prove it, I come to you now, to blog about nothing in particular...

First, there's this post from my lovely friend, Sarah. Behold, she is awesome and I love her much and miss her. It has been far too long since we got to hang out...life keeps happening and time passes and well, the road just never gets any shorter. We will have to remedy that.

Second, the Boy. Oh I may be blinded for life from the cuteness thereof. Although, what with the whole If I'm not Eating at this very Moment I will DIE attitude he has had all day dampened that cuteness slightly. We gave him his first bath tonight--sponge only, don't worry, we aren't complete idiots--and he worked himself into such a state of righteous indignation that he slept for an hour afterwards and even took a pacifier (that was not ME). Here he is, watch your eyes...


Third, I find myself more than a little melancholy of late, so please to hand me a box of tissues. And also excuse these posts if they seem gloomy, I'm using my Hormonal Get out of Jail Free Card. I was thinking last night, as I was up with the Boy and we were beginning the Great Nurse Fest of July 19th, how sad it is that he's only this small for so short a time and I have to be so heavily medicated that I feel like I'm missing it. He's going to keep eating--what with the delicious cream that I am producing--and the cream will make him grow and soon he won't be my little wrinkle any more, he'll be...big. Well, bigger. His clothes might fit him...and then he'll outgrow them and will need bigger clothes and before you know it, he's mobile and then off to college!

I know. Don't mind the hormonal girl in the corner, she's going to be ok...eventually.

Last but never least there's the Husband and the awesomeness of him. He has cooked and cleaned and done laundry and changed more dirty diapers this week than in his entire life all together. More than that, he has taken the Boy so that I could have a good cry and rubbed my neck and shoulders and mediated with family members regarding visitation and fielded phone calls and much much more. And then there's this picture which absolutely makes me laugh...


Bed Sweet Bed has never been so sweet.

Labels:

7 Comments:

At July 19, 2008 at 10:33 PM , Anonymous Sarah said...

Kudos to you for using your card. Kudos to Chris for keeping your First Baby Heaven safe, sound, and sane. You're right...it goes too fast. And kudos for Cameron for recognizing how darn great the cream is. Go cream! I mean, team.

P.S. - My word verification letters are a cross between the words embryo and bozo. Lovely.

 
At July 19, 2008 at 11:35 PM , Anonymous Karen said...

Yes, they do get big fast, and it is quite sad :( I have watched the videos of Eli from the hospital numerous times and always get teary-eyed that my near 10 pounder is now my near 20 pounder. Enjoy every minute, even the nursing marathon minutes...well, okay, only every other minute of the nursing marathon minutes.
Please let us know if you need anything and we would love to come visit, bring you dinner, see the Boy, etc.

 
At July 20, 2008 at 11:17 AM , Anonymous Thad said...

Total tears of joy...i love you all.

 
At July 20, 2008 at 12:34 PM , Anonymous Thad said...

Congrats guys! What a new stage of life you have been thrown into now.
Welcome to being sleep deprived and all that but try to remember now that the "best time of your life" is now beginning - or that's what everyone told me at least.
Take care
Thad

 
At July 20, 2008 at 9:31 PM , Anonymous Kristin said...

What a darling, and I mean darling, picture of the boy holding the husband's finger. Love it!

 
At July 21, 2008 at 6:31 AM , Anonymous Jeff said...

Oooh... he is SO cute! I love that last picture... Bed sweet Bed has never been so sweet... awesome! :)

Please let us know what we can do for y'all! I know we keep asking, but that is just because that is the only way we feel like we can celebrate with you. Sometimes I feel like a Greek mother just waiting to cram food down your throat. :)

 
At July 21, 2008 at 4:24 PM , Anonymous the MuLLinS said...

Oh I am loving this. I hope you know your blog got approximately 10,000 times cuter since Cameron came into the picture.

Love you guys!! I hope your making it through the hormonal whackness that is your life right now!! Call if you need to!!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home