05 July 2008

Full Circle

So, the Husband and I found out that we were pregnant the day after Halloween last year. Which means that we were technically pregnant whilst we were visiting Boston. Since we had a similar experience this evening I thought you might appreciate the symmetry.

While we were in Boston, the Husband's best friend, Pavlichka, suggested we go see this movie. I don't remember where the theater was (somewhere in Boston...maybe right around MIT I think...) but it was POURING down rain when we came up from the T to trek to the theater. And I mean it was pouring. A deluge would have been an appropriate description. After walking around in the rain for 30 minutes trying to find this theater, we gave up and headed for home looking like we had all showered together with our clothes ON.

Technically (and unbeknownst to us), the Boy was a recent resident of My Womb at the time.

This evening the Husband and I went to see WALL-E (very, very good, also very good given that I'm currently reading Farenheit 451). When the showing ended and we stepped out of the theater we noticed that the lobby was more than usually crowded and with fairly good reason. There was a storm beyond description taking place just outside the door. POURING rain, thunder, lightening, the whole shaBANG!

Not being a fan of crowds, I suggested that we should just dash for it...the Beetle wasn't far and I'm full term, we have to go past our hospital to get home anyway, so if I went in to labor--no problem! We dashed.

People, my uterus is made of ultra-light titanium; thunder, lightening and a DELUGE with RUNNING could not make me go in to labor!

But we did get soaking wet! And then we crept toward home to ensure safety because we're mad cats like that. The Husband was reasonable and kept suggesting we pull over and wait it out. The Wife has an 8 pound baby parked on her bladder and kept saying things like, "Let's just risk it!"

While driving along at truly Old Man speeds, the Husband reminded me of this--that the pregnancy started in a deluge, how fitting it is that it's ending (hopefully) in a deluge as well.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home