12 July 2008

The Boy is here

Hello, Burnstopia readers. As a special guest appearance, The Husband will be writing a quick post. The Boy arrived and decidedly not in the manner that The Wife had hoped. However, he is here. He is healthy. The Wife is healthy. The Husband and Wife are both exhausted. I didn't do anything last night (compared to what The Wife was doing) and it was the single hardest thing that I've done to date.

For those of you wanting the full details of the birth experience, you will have to wait until I have slept at least a whole number of hours continuously in a 48 hour period (i.e. no half hour or twenty minute naps but a full hour or two at the same time).

For a quick run down--The Boy arrived at 11:59am Saturday 12 July 2008 via C-section and weighed 8 pounds 5 ounces (we still have no idea how long). Yes, I hear you asking, "What? A C-section? I thought that The Wife..." and you are correct. That's why I said earlier he arrived in a manner that neither of us had expected nor planned for. For full details see a later post. For now, enjoy a picture of Cameron Russell on his birthday at about two hours after arrival.


Labels:

13 Comments:

At July 12, 2008 at 6:27 PM , Anonymous Sarah said...

Welcome Little Cameron! We are so excited you are here safe and sound! We love you. You're future best friend is rocking and rolling and should be making his appearance soon. I can't wait to see you guys together!

 
At July 12, 2008 at 6:38 PM , Anonymous Whimsy said...

Yay yay yay! He is beautiful, and I'm so glad everyone is healthy. Sleep deprived, maybe, but HEALTHY. That is very important.

 
At July 12, 2008 at 10:15 PM , Anonymous Karen said...

Yay!!! We are so excited for you. The little man is quite handsome. Cameron, I love it! Darn those unexpected c-sections (I had one myself). But I'm glad everyone is safe and that Cameron is here!! Can't wait to meet the boy.

Love,

The Gallups

 
At July 12, 2008 at 11:53 PM , Anonymous Rebecca Gunter said...

That's quite an attractive little man you've got there. I'm so happy for you guys!

 
At July 13, 2008 at 12:06 AM , Anonymous the MuLLinS said...

Woooooooooooooowwwwww!!! He. Is. Beautiful. What a boy. Oh, I am planning my trip up to see and hold this precious little boy RIGHT NOW. CONGRATULATIONS!! I am a little worried and I hope things are okay. I would call, but it's midnight. I'll give you a few days but will continue to check in for more updates (no pressure!! GET SOME SLEEP!!!). Oh, I love you Burns trio. I am so proud of you! So so proud of you!! He is beautiful and he is going to grow up to be such a blessing to this world. LOVE LOVE LOVE, The Mullins-es

 
At July 13, 2008 at 10:37 AM , Anonymous Miss Sarah in Georgia said...

Congratulations to the happy family. What a beautiful baby. Sending happy lots-of-sleep wishes your way. Much love, the Rickers.

 
At July 13, 2008 at 10:45 AM , Anonymous Katrina said...

Congratulations!!! I have been thinking about you guys all weekend and just barely checked in here. I'm so glad Cameron is here! And that you guys are healthy and ok. If you read this before you leave the hospital, please feel free to call if you need anything. I can sneak you some yummy food or something. :-) We are just down the street remember.

 
At July 14, 2008 at 8:16 AM , Anonymous ~SH~ said...

Congrats, guys!! He is absolutely beautiful!! Can't wait to meet him! Take care and try to get some rest. I know everyone always says it, but - sleep when he sleeps! Everything else can wait!! Congratulations again .. you guys did well. :)

 
At July 14, 2008 at 9:37 AM , Anonymous Amanda and Daniel McLain said...

Congrats! What an exciting time in your life! You both will be great parents :-) We hope all is well and miss you guys!

 
At July 14, 2008 at 3:47 PM , Anonymous Emily said...

hip hip hooray!! Welcome Cameron!! Congrats to you all. He looks beautiful and I look forward to hearing all the details!

 
At July 15, 2008 at 8:53 AM , Anonymous C said...

Congratulations! He's absolutely adorable!

 
At July 16, 2008 at 2:02 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

damn. another Burns.

 
At July 16, 2008 at 9:00 AM , Anonymous tracy said...

Congratulations!! Welcome to the work, Cameron!!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home