03 June 2008

And I'm Tagged

So, the Marvelous Sarah at Los Bradleys tagged me with this meme and I've been putting it off, but since I have nothing sitting on my desk to be done right now I thought I may as well do a week's worth of updates in one day! Wooo.

So here we go:

1. What were you doing 10 years ago?

10 years ago would have been June of 1998. Hmmm. I had just gotten out of a disastrous relationship so I was very enamored by my freedom. I had just adopted the Leike and was spending a lot of time with her at the vets office. I was in school, at a local community college--which means I was probably working on my last play and getting ready to transfer to the University of Washington. I was fairly certain that I was never getting married because of the aforementioned disastrous relationship--if that was what marriage was like, I wanted no part in it.

2. List 5 things on your "To Do" list:
  1. Get ready for the Boy
  2. Finish thank you notes
  3. Finish reading a couple of books
  4. Steam clean the carpets in the apartment
  5. Prepare a lesson for Sunday
3. What snacks do you enjoy?
  • baby carrots
  • pears
  • roasted almonds
  • yogurt
  • oreoes...mmmm, oreoes.
4. What would you do if you were suddenly a billionaire?

Oh dear. I hate money. I really do. In truth, I'd probably go to the Husband and tell him to take care of all of this nonsense because I truly couldn't cope with something like that. Knowing the two of us, we'd probably allocate chunks of it to friends and family, we'd probably buy a house. Not a big house, because we don't like big houses--something cozy and old fashioned but with a really cool kitchen and a wrap around porch. I'd pay off my student loans. And we might buy a second car...maybe a hybrid or a Subaru. Beyond that we'd invest a good portion of it so that I could write and we could travel and afford a really good education for our children. We'd probably donate chunks of it to various charities that we both enjoy and would support more now if we could.

I really don't like this question...moving on.

5. List 3 bad habits:

Only 3? Oh, have it your way:
  1. I bite the skin around my finger nails when I get really nervous. Sometimes I draw blood.
  2. I say, "I don't know" A LOT.
  3. I over-analyze everything to the point of paralyzing indecision.
6. List 5 places you've lived:
  1. Oak Ridge, Tennessee
  2. Port Orchard, Washington
  3. Seattle, Washington
  4. Athens, Georgia
  5. Durham, North Carolina
7. List 5 jobs you've had:
  1. Sales clerk in a music store (awesome, I got free concert tickets and went to music concerts twice a month for 2 years--my hearing will never be the same.)
  2. Temp. (also awesome, it's the perfect job for someone who gets bored easily.)
  3. Loan processor for a financial company. I was the youngest person they had ever hired and I only worked there for 9 months before quitting to go back to school. It was an extraordinarily depressing line of work.
  4. College Professor. Technically, I was a TA but I had full responsibility over my classes and my students so I say it counts. It was equal parts awesome and performing monkey.
  5. Administrative Assistant/over all camp counselor. There are days that are really cool, but then there are many MANY days that are not cool at all.
8. List 5 things that people don't know about you:

Ugh. There are things that people don't know about me and it should remain that way. Fine. Here are some of the lesser things that people don't know about me:
  1. I can live any where, but I hate small towns.
  2. I keep my degrees hung up in my bathroom--just as a reminder.
  3. I'm totally neurotic about my environment--if it's not clean and organized I can't think, I can't sleep, I can't work, I can't do anything until it's put in order.
  4. I know all the lyrics to an embarrassing amount of music. Now that I think about it, I have whole chunks of dialog memorized from various movies and television programs.
  5. I hate mirrors, they creep me out.

Now, that being said, I'm tagging Molly, Katrina, Whimsy, Emily, and Ginny RAE!

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home