19 May 2008

The Weekend that Was and the Week still to BE

The Husband is still following me around tugging on my t-shirt and hoping to get me to rest. In the meantime, however, I am PRODUCTIVE!!!

Here's what our weekend shaped up to be:
  • Made bread---um. Please don't tell my sister, I'm pretty sure that white bread (homemade or not) is not good for my blood sugar--but say it with me, YUM.
  • Made pie--um. See above. BUT! It was strawberry pie and strawberries are very good for you. And the cream is dairy!
  • Cleaned the apartment. Ok. So, I did some organizing and cleaned the kitchen and vacuumed the bedroom and the hallway and then I was so tired that I thought to myself, "I'm just going to sit down for a minute and take a breather"--and I sort of fell asleep. For 45 minutes. But the point is, that the apartment got cleaned! The Husband, he cleaned the bathroom and took down the additional desk in the front room and LO! We maaaay have some space for a rocking chair in there.
  • Much trash and recycling hauled out and away.
  • Filing filing filing! I finally cleaned out the 6 accumulated feet of papers for filing and filled up 2 filing cabinet drawers. But the piles? They are no more! And the Husband? With the big box of filing and the even bigger PILE on top of the box of filing? He is NEARLY done! I'm so happy I could cry a little.
  • Laundry. Lots of laundry.
  • Grocery shopping! We're continuing the great pantry restock of 2008 so that once the boy gets here we have minimal shopping that will be required.
  • The Great Compounding of Family Cookbooks. When we got married the Husband received a BIG 3-ring binder of his family recipes and I received a slightly smaller 3-ring binder of my family recipes. And, oh, about a year ago I decided it would be good to combine the two notebooks into one hefty notebook and to take out all the recipes that we a) CAN'T eat or b) WON'T eat. So everything with crab, shrimp, crayfish or lobster came out because I am a vegetarian and those tasty little shellfish would KILL the Husband. And various other dishes that neither of us care for or would willingly cook and eat came out as well. The remaining recipes--and there are literally HUNDREDS, I have been typing, categorizing, alphabetizing and organizing to my little heart's content. Last week I managed to work half way through the pile and over the weekend they were sorted into their respective categories. I'm a little embarrassed at how happy this project makes me.
And since that was our weekend, let me give you a glimpse into the week still to be:
  • Work work work. meh. It's boring and repetitive and annoying because I have stuff to do!
  • Our first birth class is Tuesday night. Pray for us sinners--I feel a great deal of SARCASM heading our way.
  • Wednesday night begins the laundry cycle all over again...it will also probably begin the MASS gathering up of stuff to go to Savannah. I'm also vaguely hoping for a pedicure on Wednesday night.
  • Thursday is the continuation of the laundry cycle which will culminate in PACKING. And frantic loving on the cats because even though I know how miserable they are in the car for that long, I still worry about them when they aren't with us.
  • Friday morning will probably consist of me having a minor temper tantrum at the prospect of spending 6 hours in the car...a tantrum that will likely end in sulking which will be terminated by the Husband teasing and prodding me and playing name that tune with me--with my iPod on shuffle, and since it is MY iPod and MY music, I generally WIN. The victory will be gloated over which will terminate that previously identified FUNK.
  • BUT! Friday night I have been promised Vinnies Pizza--the BEST pizza outside of Italy itself! And Leopold's ice cream which is homemade at their little ice cream parlor on Broughton and I can't tell for certain but I think I have Chewy Chocolate cookie in my future.
I have no idea what's on the docket for Saturday but Sunday afternoon my lovely sister in law Jenn is having a shower for the Boy and the invitation was so cute that I can't wait to see it! Monday will probably mean another one of those minor temper tantrums followed by sulking followed by Name that Tune and another trouncing victory because of the 6 HOURS in the car with minimal stopping and my poor aching hips, back, legs...UTERUS. But for now, it looks to be a fun weekend--let's hope for the proverbial wallowing in family love with a heaping side serving of Belly/Baby love.

Labels: ,

1 Comments:

At May 19, 2008 at 11:22 AM , Anonymous Gina said...

So, I found your blog through Katrina's...and I found her blog through Facebook. But anyway, you're the greatest! I love people who can actually express things as they really are, but can still find some humor along the way!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home