28 May 2008

Reversing the Curse

The Curse of O. A.

So when I came in this morning, L. had only switched on the essential lights, which was lovely...soft and quiet and since the Supervisor didn't come in (she biffed herself in the face on accident with a bungee cord and had to have stitches and a TOOTH fixed) and there are only 1 or 2 professional types down here, the lights have remained off all day.

OA (of whom you have heard me speak before)--who didn't even get here until 2pm today--came through TO PICK UP SOMETHING FROM THE PRINTER and paused to switch on the lights and then looked at me and asked, "Did you leave these lights off on purpose?" To which I replied (coldly and firmly and glaring at him as if I could SET HIM ON FIRE WITH MY MIND) "Yes. I. Did. It's quiet down here and YOUR office is down the hall." At which he chuckled uncomfortably and left the lights on and FLED to his office.

Good Riddance.

Labels:

2 Comments:

At May 28, 2008 at 3:49 PM , Anonymous ~SH~ said...

WHAT?!? You didn't tell me he actually asked about the lights being off - and then didn't get the hint that they were off ON PURPOSE. I think you need to make that call ... NOW.

 
At May 29, 2008 at 12:49 PM , Anonymous Robbie said...

You know how neonates have that innate sucking reflex? I've been thinking that there might be a place on the human head where, when a baby is positioned just right, the brains can be sucked right out. I've been wanting to try this with the baby across the yard, but I don't want to have either my brains sucked out nor my friend/landlord, as then I'd have no one to whom to pay rent and, thus, no way to justify my occupation of this apartment. If I turned the baby on its mother then no one would be around to care for it and my friend/landlord would likely be upset. It seems to me, though, that you have a perfect test subject in the OA character.

But to the point of my comment, is the Russian name "Fyodor" etymologically related to "Theodore?"

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home