03 June 2008

Points: they are highly over-rated

Since I haven't posted anything since Friday I thought that you'd all appreciate an update from our little, cozy corner of insanity.

The Husband? He is good. Really good. A little freaked out about the imminent arrival of the boy, but still good. We were in Bed Sweet Bed last night and I was getting the TAR kicked out of me from the inside so I rolled over and put the Husband's hand on my SPLEEN which was being obliterated by the boy (I swear, it's like he thinks he's PELE in there!) and the Husband? He laughed and laughed and calmly continued to read Harry Potter.

He's in Raleigh today doing something with state legislation about some bills that are up for debate that have something to do with funding for newborn screening. Do you like how I know about these things? Trust me, if it passes, I will know about it!

The weekend was fairly productive. The Husband helped some friends of ours move apartments which meant that I was free to clean and organize and putter around the apartment without anyone following me around telling me to REST. I got a lot done. But then, of course, it was too much and I spent all of Sunday laying around like an over-cooked piece of broccoli. We napped and watched a certain TV show, that will not be named because I have a reputation as an intellectual to uphold, and ate and napped some more.

Tonight's another birth class. I find it funny that between the two of us we have our couples who ANNOY us to NO end. Mine is the High Strung Couple, "I HAVE TO HAVE A PLAAAAAAN!!!" (Dude, I seriously want to look at her and tell her to unclench already--this is one thing in a loooong line of things that she can't control.) And the Husband? He's taken this intense dislike for the hippy couple from Carrboro. They are the antithesis of my dear annoying couple but they act like they're all special and should be catered to which annoys the dear Husband to no bounds.

For example: There are 8 couples in this class. 8 couples equals 16 people. Of those 16 people, ALL of us are delivering at the same hospital, the Hippy Couple is the only couple (the only 2 people) who are delivering at the local birthing center. EVERY time we go through any routine procedure our instructor gives us the scenario for the local hospital, and EVERY single time this couple raises their hand to ask "What about at the birthing center?" Even when the instructor has explicitly said, "I'm not sure how it works at the birthing center." It drives the Husband insane--which is actually fairly good entertainment. Last week, I worried he might set them on fire with his MIND.

So, who can tell what tonight will bring. We're both exhausted. I feel like I could happily curl up and sleep through the next 4 weeks and be perfectly content. The Husband will have been to Raleigh and back through traffic etc, so tonight could be the night that he SNAPS and tells the Hippy Couple to go have their child in a cave already and leave the rest of us in peace.

Pray for us sinners...

Labels:

1 Comments:

At June 3, 2008 at 5:48 PM , Anonymous Katrina said...

The description of C's reaction the hippie couple made me chuckle. Have fun tonight!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home