28 May 2008

Baby Shower Photos, wha-huh?

So.

Remember how I said earlier that I had some awesome pictures from the baby shower and that a photo essay would be forthcoming?

Yeah.

Not so much.

I really need to learn how to use our camera.

Here's what I do have:

This is the food table. There was a lot. It was all very yummy. Well, I know the veggie stuff was yummy and I take it on the Husband's authority that the meaty stuff was yummy as well.

The centerpiece is baby socks twisted into flowers--made by my sister-in-law's own two hands. And those trays? Yep. Real silver.

The Boy is doomed. He's not even here and he's already spoiled.

Those tomato sandwiches? I ate about 4 frillion of them. It was one of those embarrassing moments where you're just standing and talking and eating and you look down and realize, "Wow. I've just eaten 4 frillion tomato sandwiches. GAMES ANYONE?"

Then there's this other picture:














That's the cake. Isn't it beeeeauuuutiful? The lovely Sister-in-law did the whole shower around the VW Beetle that the Husband drives, so it was on the invitations, the cake, and those tiny, fuzzy things? Yep. Those are Beetle finger puppets. Are you dying from cuteness yet? I did.

Anyway. I'm sorry there are no shower pictures yet. My other sister-in-law was the principle photographer and she is MUCH better than I am. She knows how her camera works, whereas me? not so much. I have hopes that she will send me a CD of the pictures soon. Theoretically, that means that we may have a blog photo essay BEFORE the Boy arrives.

But I'm not making any promises.

Labels: , ,

1 Comments:

At May 30, 2008 at 8:31 PM , Anonymous Sarah said...

TOO CUTE! I'm so glad you had a great weekend and that the Burns family spoiled you in true Savannah-style. And yes, I did mean you on the tag. You're my one and only M! I love you.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home