16 March 2008

24 weeks

Voila. The belly. At 24 weeks. My Mayo clinic books claims that the Child is about 11 inches long and weighs about a pound.

That's one big pound, no?

I must admit, I'm becoming increasingly curious about this little person currently residing in my belly. I wonder if he'll be serious or funny, cautious or mischievous, quiet or rambunctious. Or all of the above. I wonder if he'll look more like the Husband or me.

I was chatting with my sister the other night and my carefully groomed skepticism is beginning to falter and fade as I realized that The Love must be pretty damn amazing given what women go through to get children here, and then all that they go through to care and maintain them. And most women choose to do this more than once.

That Love must be pretty astounding. All she did was smile and say, "Yes it is."

Labels:

3 Comments:

At March 17, 2008 at 12:14 PM , Anonymous ~SH~ said...

LURVE the picture!! Look at The Boy!! :)

And I'll second the "Yes, it is." Most definitely.

 
At March 18, 2008 at 9:28 AM , Anonymous Tess said...

You look GREAT! So cute.

 
At March 18, 2008 at 8:30 PM , Anonymous Sarah said...

you look gorgeous!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home