27 February 2008

Something New For Me

I am sick.

Again.

But rather than regale you with all my charming symptoms and whine whine whine, I have actually learned something...it's like I'm growing here, people.

Here's my new epiphany. Everybody gets Something.

There are some pregnant women who throw up every single day of their pregnancy. There are fertility problems, there is preeclampsia or gestational diabetes. There are miscarriages and ectopic pregnancies, preterm labor and complications during birth. There are women who desperately want labor and end up with c-sections and those who want to breastfeed but can't. And there are women like me whose immune system goes on a 40 week hiatus.

From where I sit, the vacationing immune system doesn't look so bad. If I had to trade it for any one of these other things, I don't think that I would.

And in the end it doesn't really matter, because Everybody gets Something.

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

At February 27, 2008 at 9:49 PM , Anonymous D. Jones said...

very wise, very wise

 
At February 28, 2008 at 8:22 AM , Anonymous ~SH~ said...

Sorry you are still sick. :( And you are right - everyone gets something. Here I was plugging along thinking how great everything about pregnancy was and then wham! ... induction, long ass painful labor! So yeah, I think I mighta woulda traded that in if someone had let me!! :)

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home