08 October 2007

Dude...Monday.

Okay, so I got in to work this morning and I thought to myself, "It's Monday! I should update the blog!" And then of course, I stared at the screen thinking that I have absolutely nothing that is thought-provoking or original to say. So. It's Monday! And I am updating the blog by pilfering from A Quiet Room. I generally don't play nicely with the meme stuff, but it's so much of a Monday that I've got no where else to go!

Here goes:

Four Jobs I have had in my life:
-Music Store Clerk
-Office Temp. (I know. The glamor. Try to restrain yourselves.)
-Comparative Literature Instructor. (Undergrads do not scare me. That's not entirely true. Sometimes they do scare me. A lot.)
-Office Assistant. again.

Four Movies I can watch over and over and over again:
-Pride and Prejudice
-Our Mutual Friend
-The Matrix (I prefer 2 but I can watch any of the 3 over and over and over)
-Bleak House

Four Places I have lived:
-Seattle
-Athens, GA
-Oak Ridge, TN
-Durham, NC

Four Places I have been:
-New York, NY
-Galway, Ireland
-Frankfurt, Germany
-Halifax, Nova Scotia

Four of my favorite foods:
-nachos with black beans and white corn and Boca chicken
-malai kofta with basmati rice
-pad see yew with tofu and extra chilies
-falafel with feta cheese

Four sites I visit daily:
-Gmail
-BBC
-Fark
-Sundry

Four places I would rather be right now:
-at home in pajamas
-Paris, France
-in bed with a good book
-Seattle

10 Literary figures I would most like to snog:

-Mr. Darcy from Pride and Prejudice: I know. It's so cliche...everyone loves Mr. Darcy, but with good reason.
-Mortimer Lightwood from Our Mutual Friend: smart, sarcastic, noble at heart.
-Sydney Carton from Tale of Two Cities: smart, sarcastic, self-destructive--what? I said snog, not marry!
-Roger Hamley from Wives and Daughters: smart, compassionate, and a naturalist...he's bound to be a good kisser.
-Thomas Bertram from Mansfield Park: smart, social conscience, Regency bad boy...lovely.
-Benedict from Much Ado about Nothing: I have to side with A Quiet Room, there's just something about witty banter and good conversation that's attractive.
-Count Almasy from the English Patient: incredibly smart, passionate, fierce. Wow.
-Patrick Lewis from In the Skin of the Lion: smart, a bit naive, gentle, but violent when wronged.
-Will Ladislaw from Middlemarch: smart, artistic, passionate...good for a smooch but I wouldn't want to live with him.
-Rawdon Crawley from Vanity Fair: a gambler and a soldier...need I say anything more?

Well, now you can all say that you know more about me than you ever wanted. For those of you who aren't up to snuff on your British slang, a snog is a smooch not the full montey! And if you're interested in sharing your list then by all means meme away, if not. Then go in peace and we will chat again another day.

Labels:

1 Comments:

At October 9, 2007 at 10:53 PM , Anonymous Heidi said...

Hi, you don't know me... I found you from Whimsy's blog. But I had to comment, because I've never met anyone else who's read "Wives and Daughters". Have you seen the TV movie? It's just heavenly. I actually prefer it over the book--what did you think?

Also, I'm so glad you explained what "snog" was, because I had no idea and assumed it was more than a kiss. Phew!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home