05 June 2009

Censorship: a Conversation

Clarification: I wrote the DELETED post about my descent into a FUNK to end all FUNKS on Wednesday night. I'm in a better head-space today. That, and I got a lovely email from Whimsy and another from Krista and clarifying my position to lovely friends has helped me to better understand the aforementioned FUNK.

Censorship: I have deleted the post because it made Chris mad. He's not, in fact, trying to make me unhappy. We all do what we have to do to succeed and that's precisely what he's doing. If anything my depression at having to move should really be indicative of the pleasure it's been to live in the Chapel Hill area. I have mighty friends and have been warmly surrounded by people with whom I have a lot in common, as well as people who find me highly entertaining. It's hard not to feel the love. I will sorely miss them. As well as the following establishments: Mediterranean Deli, Twisted Noodles, Maple View Creamery, Bombay Grille, Sitar Indian Palace, the Cloth Diaper boutique at the Women's Birth and Wellness center, my Awesome Doctor (Dr. Alice Chuang, M.D., if you're moving to the area or already in the area, she's awesome), the Boy's Awesome Pediatrician (Dr. Timothy Hall, M.D., so SOOOO great! Totally has endure my neurosis with a smile on his face, has justified my anxiety and been superp! I weep to lose him.).

And for the ray of light on this very rainy day, please enjoy the following conversation from Burnstopia:

M (speaking to the Boy): I can't pick you up right now, dude, I'm putting laundry in the washer.
Boy: RAAAAAWWWWRRRRR.
M: You know, boyo, Frued would say that our laundry indicates our different outlooks on life. Mama's laundry is all dark--black, grey, brown, navy--and Daddy's laundry is all light--khaki, pale blue, bright green, and yellow.
Boy: RAAAAAWWWWRRRRR.
Mama: Yep. That's what Frued would say too, Mama is a jaded cynic and Daddy is an optomist masqurading as a realist.
Chris: What?!?

Labels:

3 Comments:

At June 5, 2009 at 3:16 PM , Anonymous Sarah said...

I love it! Especially the rawrs and the what?!?! It's so sad to leave somewhere you love, especially for somewhere so close to...um...the coast. (Catch my drift?) But you'll find a way to love it. And even if you don't you'll have your menfolk with you. And if THAT'S not enough you could always make a girlo to go with your boyo. Or another boyo. Whatever...

 
At June 5, 2009 at 3:47 PM , Anonymous Whimsy said...

Personally, I think you all make quite a nice little laundry salad: all colors of the rainbow.

 
At June 8, 2009 at 2:14 PM , Anonymous Rae said...

I've been thinking of you lately. For many reasons, but mostly for the fact that my sister is 20. I thought about sending this via PM on facebook, but I think everyone deserves a little public praise.

Thank you for being such a good friend to me during that awful transition phase. Thank you for listening to things that I'm sure were in reality very petty, but seemed terribly important at the time. Thank you for being honest and straightforward with me when I did dumb things. Thank you for being the big sister I wasn't blessed to have biologically. I think about you all the time while I watch and talk my sister through the same sorts of things. THANK YOU!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home