22 May 2009

The Randomness Thereof

I'm sorry.

I have nothing funny, intelligent or thought provoking to write this morning. All I have is a head full of random worries...a fretful head, if you will.

In no particular order these are the things swimming around in my gray matter.

  • I think the Boy is working on two more teeth. His favorite thing to chew on is his sleeve. He catches it between his six (6!) front teeth and bites down and pulls it out until it snaps. It's pretty pitiful, especially when accompanied by his new whine.
  • Chris interviewed in Brunswick. He liked the organization but is not so keen on the town itself so he is job hunting some more.
  • our lease is up June 12th. JUNE 12TH! Which means we need to find a job, find a new apartment, pack and MOVE in 22 DAYS. I need to go lie down.
  • That's a pretty hard thought to follow with other thoughts, and when it creeps up (which is often) I usually have to stew over it for a while.
  • I have eaten my weight in chocolate lately, I need to try to go running.
  • Basically, every time I think of that date, June 12th, I have a piece of chocolate while I mull it over in my fretful head.
  • We have a lot of crap. I'm going to need a lot of boxes.
  • We keep running out of stuff, I haven't stocked the apartment like usual because we have to MOVE in 22 DAYS, and I hate having to buy stuff when I know I'm just going to have to MOVE it...but lo, it's stuff we can't buy just 2 of...we have to buy packs of, oh 100. grrrrr.
  • I bought these organic multigrain chips at Sams the last time we were there and I think I'm allergic to something in them. I ate a lot of nachos with them while Chris was gone and every morning I woke up with my eyes mostly swollen shut, which only happens with bad allergic reactions...I have no idea what it could be.
  • I kind of want to read the China Study that everyone keeps going on about, but I'm also scared...I'm already more than a bit paranoid about the food industry.
  • I need to pick up a couple of books on positive discipline but that involves a trip to Barnes and Noble, and no trip (for me) to Barnes and Noble is a quick trip--also, I don't want to MOVE them.
  • We're out of cookies. I made some peanut butter chocolate chip cookies and yesterday I ate 5 of them. In ONE(1) day! And now we're out of them and that makes me SAD. How can I be expected to cope with all of this without these cookies?
  • Chris and I watched season 3 of No Reservations and it really makes me want to go to French Polynesia and just "forget" to come home.
  • I really want more of those enchiladas that Katrina made me...I think I shall attempt them.
  • The Boy cracks me up...he's never met a piece of fruit he didn't like. So far he's up to: apples, bananas, blueberries, raspberries, strawberries, peaches, pears, pineapple, prunes, and apricots. Of course, the same doesn't hold true for vegetables. He's tried squash, sweet potatoes, carrots, cauliflower, potatoes, tomatoes, broccoli, peas, asperagus, green beans and butternut squash. And he currently eats sweet potatoes. No matter how I cook it, season it, present it; no matter what game, song, or silly face is involved...he clams up when that spoon comes in range. I have no idea what to try next.
  • He will eat beans. Almost any kind, as long as there's no cayenne pepper in them, he'll eat them. I made some white beans with garlic, olive oil and italian herbs and he slurped it right up, it was adorable.
  • People keep asking me if I'm going to raise him as a vegetarian. The answer is...meh. I don't know. I haven't decided against meat, he just happens to eat whatever I'm eating more often than not--which means that he's just sort of happening to be a vegetarian. But he's eaten chicken and fish before...his response is usually, meh.
  • I have no idea how I got distracted with the Boy's eating habits...I was making a list about all my random worries...I guess I'm worried about what he eats.
  • Jarlsburg cheese makes the best cheese sandwiches ever.
  • I'm so not ready to move, people. Physically, spiritually, emotionally, grammatically, I'm just all kinds of NOT ready.
  • I'm worried about my friend and her pregnancy.

Labels: ,

3 Comments:

At May 22, 2009 at 11:11 AM , Anonymous Whimsy said...

Hey. Me too. Me too for all of it. (I know that makes no sense and I'm not sure if that matters. I just want to say me too me too me too and hope that tomorrow is a better day.)

 
At May 22, 2009 at 3:57 PM , Anonymous Eleanor Q. said...

Call your friend just to say hi.

I can't give you good advice about the moving/stress/food but I can shake my head and say "yeah!" right there with you.

 
At May 24, 2009 at 9:32 PM , Anonymous Sarah said...

Oh sheesh. I'd like to say something uplifting about "finding joy in the journey" but sometimes things just stink. Enjoy your chocolate!!!

P.S. - Do I know your pregnant friend?

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home