08 June 2009

AWESOME/NOT AWESOME: the Lowcountry edition

Hello, World, I'm coming to you LIVE from the Lowcountry. Chris and I are down here apartment hunting. We drove down yesterday--the Boy did great until we were about an hour away and then he proceeded to melt down like frozen yogurt on a summer day.

To conceptualize this trip thus far for all of you, I am stealing openly from the glorious Whimsy and presenting you with Awesome/Not Awesome: the Lowcountry edition!

AWESOME: the Boy napping for 2 hours in the car on the way down. He slept through most of South Carolina!
NOT AWESOME: the ear-bleeding screams he emmitted when I informed him that he could not, in fact, get out of his car seat to roam the moving vehicle at will.

AWESOME: My BIL Mike and SIL Kristi made us this wonderful dinner of lasagne and a death by chocolate for dessert. Saying that I wanted to dive into either of them and eat my way out, is not praise enough.
NOT AWESOME: my pants were tight this morning.

NOT AWESOME: starting your period at 3 am (3 days EARLY) and realizing the one thing you forgot to pack was...um...the necessary impliments for dealing with that.
AWESOME: an AMAZING husband who got out of bed at 3 AM to drive a dark and foggy road to the nearest SchmallMart to purchase said necessary impliments for a crampy and irritiable wife.

AWESOME: I think we maybe found an apartment. It's a brand-new complex and we'll get a bigger space for the same money we're paying now.
NOT AWESOME: None of it is resolved! We're waiting to qualify. We spent all day driving around and looking at places and we still don't know if we have a place to live in two weeks.

AWESOME: My Boy has been utterly charming. Chris has been kind and lovely.
NOT AWESOME: I am a ball of tension and nerves. I am getting nothing but a lump of coal for Christmas this year.

Labels:

4 Comments:

At June 8, 2009 at 10:20 PM , Anonymous Kristin said...

Awesome: A JOB!!! Not Awesome: You moving away!!!

 
At June 8, 2009 at 11:45 PM , Anonymous Sarah said...

I loved reading "for the same money we are paying now." I was going to advise you to live like you are still students for a couple of years but then I realized YOU don't need that advice. Some other people I know...well, let's not go there. I really wish we had moved into a more humble abode when Layne got his job so we could have saved more for a down payment. I also wish I hadn't gone on such a rampant spending spree. Oh well, live and learn.

Sorry about your...um...feminine matters. That is NO fun. NO fun at all. But, it reminds me to pack my "necessary implements" for our trip next week - so thanks! Your pain, my gain...that's what friendship is all about, right? :) I love you and hope the rest of your low-country adventure is as lovely as it can be while being on your PERIOD in GEORGIA in JUNE. Have fun with THAT!

Oh, and for the drive home, get a mylar balloon for the kiddo. It will entertain through the Carolinas and then some! The ones from our last trip lasted about two weeks. Tons o' fun!

 
At June 9, 2009 at 12:27 AM , Anonymous Bird said...

Oh the limbo is just horrible! But think, in a few months you could be writing an "awesome/even more awesome" post about your new apartment, lovely husband and a 2 hour nap that is a Regular Feature. Hope things come together soon!

 
At June 9, 2009 at 11:48 AM , Anonymous Whimsy said...

I like Eleanor Q's thinking...

Awesome: YOU.
Not Awesome: You getting a lump of coal. I have a feeling you'll warrant better than that.

As for me? Awesome: Finally getting Alice down for a nap.
Not Awesome: Her waking up 2 seconds after I put her down. I'm now listening to her hum to herself on the baby monitor and hoping that she'll eventually drift back into sleepy land.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home