06 May 2009

Mad Skillz

I have some mad skillz, people.

And I thought you'd like to know so that you can adequately protect yourself.

For example:

  • Last weekend I cut my toe open with a butter knife. That takes some skill. Not your average clumsy girl can do THAT.
  • I can simultaneously read/write and edit a paper and SING at the same time. I do it to concentrate. And in case you think that's normal, I can NOT carry on a conversation and read/write and edit at the same time.
  • I tend to chew on the skin around my finger nails when I get nervous. I've chewed them until I bled before without even noticing. My thumb is currently healing from such an onslaught. (I think it's from when we watched Cloverfield...)
  • I clip my cats claws. I don't use a towel, I don't have to have them sedated, I don't use a groomer or a vet. I think declawing cats is cruel. I trim them myself. And if you've ever tried wrestling a reluctant 16 pound ball of nerves with FOUR legs, well then, you can appreciate this skill.
  • I can make biscuits from scratch. I know. Impressive. When Chris commented on it, I said, "Meh. Somethings you're just born with."

So, I'm curious. What are your mad skills? (And lurkers? I check my stats, I know you're out there, now would be the time to declare yourself. We're all neurotic here...you're among friends.)

Labels: ,

5 Comments:

At May 6, 2009 at 11:15 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am jealous. I was born without the biscuit-making gene. Any chance you could post your recipe?

 
At May 6, 2009 at 12:10 PM , Anonymous Gina said...

Girl, of course I knew you had mad skillz! One of my mad skillz is...hmm...I somehow remember every telephone number I ever dial. It's bizarre, but I can recall them years later even. I still know my phone number from growing up, all of Scott's cell phone numbers since I met him, phone numbers of friends and past friends. You name it, I just may know it. :)

 
At May 6, 2009 at 3:05 PM , Anonymous Whimsy said...

Firstly: a BUTTER KNIFE? That **is** some serious skill.


As for my mad skillz...

- I can feed a toddler, answer the phone, feed myself, and shout NO VOMITING simultaneously.

- Weed puller extraordinaire.

- I have the unbridled passion required to make vanilla pudding at any hour of the day, thanks to my lovely friend who introduced me to the stuff.

- Belly kisses. I'm very good at them. But only for VERY close family. Ha!

- Making up nonsense words: fluv, fergi, etc.

 
At May 6, 2009 at 8:37 PM , Anonymous Karen said...

Okay, first off, what in the heck was the butter knife doing down in the vicinity of your toe??? I'm not even going to ask what you were doing.

Hmmmm...mad skillz...I can...hmmm...I'm asian! That's an identity and skill YO!

 
At May 7, 2009 at 11:52 PM , Anonymous Bird said...

1. Am very good at making brownies from a mix.
2. Am very good at eating a lot of brownies in one sitting.
3. Buying shoes.
4. Being hilarious to persons under 2.5 feet tall.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home