18 February 2009

Rainy Day

Back when the Boy was newborn, he would only take a soothie pacifier. Nothing else. Well, he would briefly consider his beloved Nuks but the soothies were the only ones with the magical ability to calm him down. (Now, of course, it would be all Nuk all the time if I let him.) Anyway, he sort of out grew the soothies so we put them in a drawer. Then the teething hit and lo, it sucketh. And I was digging through that drawer for some other something and I picked up a soothie and thought, "Hmmm. It's rubber. I wonder if he'd like to chew THAT." And I gave it to him and now it is (again) his most favorite thing. Want to know why?

Thumb protection.

This Boy will happily sit and gnaw on his thumb (protected by the soothie) for...oh...45 minutes or so without complaint. He cracks me up.


And lastly, just because it's so lovely I can't convey it in words, this is how he likes to go to sleep.

Labels:

5 Comments:

At February 18, 2009 at 3:21 PM , Anonymous Sarah said...

Oh my goodness! Really? With a teddy bear? That is so lovely. Lovely, lovely, lovely. Oh dear, I need to sigh now. Too cute. Also, I love the thumb protection...I think I have a soothie or two around here somewhere - maybe it's time to dig them out. :)

 
At February 19, 2009 at 10:27 AM , Anonymous ~SH~ said...

Sorry I can't leave a comment right now ... I just melted into a big ol pile of mush. That is too adorable!

Hope you guys are feeling better. When I saw The Husband the other day in the hall, he looked exhausted and said you guys still weren't feeling well. Hope all is better now!

Miss you, girl!

 
At February 19, 2009 at 10:35 AM , Anonymous Emily said...

That last picture is a treasure!!

 
At February 19, 2009 at 1:47 PM , Anonymous Rae said...

Love it so much. What's that they say about necessity being the mother of invention?

and no, I didn't name him No Nuts. It's just what I usually call him. His real name is Clydesdale, Clyde for short.

 
At February 20, 2009 at 2:18 AM , Anonymous Whimsy said...

I am so over the edge with Teething around here that after I read your post, I UP AND BOUGHT A PACK OF SOOTHIES.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home