04 February 2009

I'm sad.

I ran out of diet coke.

And that makes me SAD.

Seriously, I probably shouldn't even have it in the house. When I was a grad student I LIVED on diet coke. And when I was reading for my oral exams and writing my thesis I would drink up to a liter EVERY DAY.

So then when we moved up here and I took an extended sabbatical from graduate education I decided to be "healthy" and also "cheap" and give up my lovely diet coke.

I still don't fully comprehend that decision.

I was very good when I was pregnant and never drank it, and then I was nursing and well--the last thing we needed was a caffeinated boy. But then I weaned him and lo and behold, I could have diet coke if I wanted it! But I didn't really want it that badly anymore (go figure, I stop nursing and all of a sudden I have all kinds of energy again!).

But then we hit the doldrums with the Husband and the fellowship applications and then my birthday and then Boston and well, we were grocery shopping and the next thing I knew there was diet coke in my house!

I have been rationing it out, only on the days when I woke up really tired from not having slept very well, or, well...any day where I was not so happy with the way things were going.

Need I remind you all that the Boy is teething? Enough said.

So, I find myself out of diet coke and it's only Wednesday. And that makes me sad. BUT! The Husband's birthday is Friday so be sure to pop over and wish him a happy one!

Labels:

4 Comments:

At February 4, 2009 at 11:40 AM , Anonymous Katrina said...

This is the second blog in 2 days talking about diet coke. Its giving me a major craving!

 
At February 4, 2009 at 1:00 PM , Anonymous The Robinson Family said...

I hate to admit it, but I've always got some on hand if you need one... No wait - positive influence... You can hold out! Just a couple days until the weekend!

 
At February 4, 2009 at 1:12 PM , Anonymous Sarah said...

I totally feel you on this one. I kicked the habit for about a week last time I tried. And that's a record. Although right now I'm drinking Diet Dr. Pepper because it was on sale. If I lived anywhere remotely near you I would be bringing you some now. Good luck with the teething - it's no fun.

 
At February 4, 2009 at 1:19 PM , Anonymous Rae said...

As I sit here nursing my headache with Diet Dr. Pepper ( an impulse buy last night when I went out to get a shirt for derby), I am marvelling at my own foresight and feeling your pain. Wishing you a way to get diet coke somehow!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home