26 January 2009

Update and GAH!!!

Ok, so I am working on a photo essay on how we do cloth diapers, BUT our desktop is on the hutz again. The last time this happened we lost everything we hadn't backed up--namely, ALL of our pictures, bridal shower, wedding, honeymoon etc. So the Husband and I are otherwise occupied backing up everything right now, you will just have to stay tuned and I will get back to blogging once I know that my pictures are SAFE.

Wish me luck. So far, I'm backing up one folder and it said that it would initially take 70 minutes and we're now well into HOUR 3. If it dies again, I might throw it out the window. And then sit down for a well-earned CRY.

See you on the flip-side.

Labels:

4 Comments:

At January 26, 2009 at 1:23 PM , Anonymous Robbie said...

Try using a live cd to move your data. Here's a howto for ubuntu: http://www.howtogeek.com/howto/windows-vista/use-ubuntu-live-cd-to-backup-files-from-your-dead-windows-computer/

 
At January 26, 2009 at 2:30 PM , Anonymous Sibley Saga .... said...

Argh!

If I were in your place, I would have been pulling my hair from frustration and therefore would be as bald and shiny-topped as a glaringly white cue-ball by now.

Good luck.

 
At January 26, 2009 at 4:52 PM , Anonymous Sarah said...

Computers! Can't live with them, wouldn't be as good without them. Sheesh. I hope you get all your pictures of sweet Cameron safe soon.

Have fun!

 
At January 27, 2009 at 10:19 AM , Anonymous ~SH~ said...

Oh good!! (Not your computer troubles, obviously - but good, an update!) I was seriously going to email you if there was no updated today to make sure you were ... um, alive?! So, glad to see you are. Now, get back to work. Pictures are important stuff!!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home