16 January 2009

Ma, Pa, I've been SHOT

Not with a gun, with a needle.

The Boy had his 6 month check up today...he's doing great. Squarely in the 50th percentile on everything but head size. Dr. Awesome (our pediatrician) looked at the measurement and looked at me and the Husband and said,

"Well, he gets it honest...he'll even out eventually."

Um. Thanks? I guess the Husband and I both have giant heads. Who knew?

Anyway 4 big fat needles in my baby's beautiful Rubenesque thighs, one glass-shattering scream and 2 more follow up appointments made and we were on our way home. Well, except we stopped to buy bagels. And then almonds and chocolate and brats for the Husband and yogurt. But after all of that we headed home.

And the Boy has just been lounging on me or his Grandma most of the day. We played some Wii and did some laundry and all in all it was a lovely day.


As a side note, I have done a really stupid thing. See, one of my New Year's resolutions was to work out 6 days a week. Partly because I have redeemed my coupon for (1) Baby and I would now like to repossess my body from the aforementioned Baby...and partly because I just need to be healthier to keep up with said Baby. Anyway, I've been working out with different games on the Wii Fit--which is great because apparently I have a little Fitness ADD and I get bored with various things really fast. Anyway, my lovely friend Debbi has been whipping my behind into shape 3 days a week (seriously, some days I fear for my heart!) but I needed a bit more the rest of the week so I went out and bought 30 day Shred (because I am a sheep and I hear great things about this video). I was looking at it this afternoon and now I'm a-quaking in my running shoes. What have I done?

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home