19 January 2009

Problem

Yes. I know that we have bigger problems that this one thing that I'm about to write about, but I'm feeling very Scarlet O'hara right now and I won't think about that today, I'll think about that tomorrow!

Today I'm thinking about teeth. Specifically, the Boy's teeth.

Yes. You read that plural correctly. He cut his second tooth last night...and the two Teeth together are complicating my life at the moment.

See...I've become accustomed to handing my son a chunk of bagel or a crust of bread to gum and gnaw on...it makes him happy. He gets to eat food that looks like what we're eating without actually consuming any of it. But now that he has two RAZOR SHARP DAGGERS protruding from his bottom gum, he can actually rip and tear off chunks of that bagel or bread crust. Chunks that he has no way of actually CHEWING before swallowing. Chunks which are big enough for him to choke his little self.

Please do not inquire how we actually know that last one, I'd rather not discuss it at the moment.

They really are a public menace...any one who comes within chewing distance and he's nipping at their hands like a jack russell terrier. I'm not entirely sure what to do. The Boy has every teething toy known to man. I regularly give him wash cloths, dish towels, and other various household items which are safe to be chewed by our resident FANG.


Ok, I have to leave off, I have another problem--a SMELLIER problem. If you'll all excuse me...











edited to add: Thank you all for the sympathy. We are quite grateful for all of your support and that you read this blog. It helps me tremendously. We aren't quite certain what we're going to do now, as was said before all of our eggs were in that one Boston Basket. When we come up with something we'll let you all know.

Labels:

2 Comments:

At January 19, 2009 at 4:25 PM , Anonymous Sarah said...

Yikes! Hey, are you still nursing at all or is the transition complete? Those little teethies can HURT! Kinda makes me glad James doesn't have any yet. :) He sure is working on them though.

 
At January 19, 2009 at 5:42 PM , Anonymous M said...

Oh my, that transition was made cold turkey. I thought, for about a minute, that I would blog about it...but there are just some things that the internet should never ever know.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home