26 February 2009

A bit of a day...week...month...

Yeah.

Do you know how much I knew about teething before I had a child? I knew that they sometimes ran a fever and they drooled a lot.

That's it.

I'm starting to think this is a global conspiracy because if people really knew the truth about teething, they would NEVER HAVE CHILDREN.

The Boy has 4 (FOUR!) Teeth coming in right now. The two on the bottom (either side of the front two) are almost through the surface. The top front two he's been getting for WEEKS. The Husband and I have been watching this slow decent of these huge swollen mounds for weeks--it's like watching lava coming towards you...it looks like it's moving really slowly but it's still going to consume you and your whole life in a lake of burning molten rock.

The Boy is feverish today and oh my holy trees he is so foul there are not adjectives to describe it. For lo, he doth LOATHE everything. I've been giving him regular doses of Tylenol most of the week and last night he got Tylenol and baby orajel--why someone hasn't yet invented Baby Novocaine, I do not know.


And just to prove to you all how not fun Burnstopia is right now, here's photographic evidence of the face I see most of the time...

I know. He looks miserable. He IS miserable. There's just not much consoling him. And if I could give him the Baby Novocaine I would...he's so much more fun and sweet and adorable when he's not miserable.

Labels:

3 Comments:

At February 26, 2009 at 1:18 PM , Anonymous Emily said...

So Sad! We know all about teething around here! Anna's been getting her molars for 2 months now. She has one more to come. I think it will break through any day now. One of her molars had blood around it for about a week! It looked awful. And she, too, can be mighty foul at times. I hope it's just the teething! :)

 
At February 26, 2009 at 9:43 PM , Anonymous Katrina said...

so sad! i am so NOT looking forward to teething.

 
At February 27, 2009 at 9:07 AM , Anonymous Sibley Saga .... said...

Ouch. I've seen the teething thing happen with nieces and nephews, plus with kid's I've nannied for.

Yikes.

It is miserable. Maybe a silver lining is that he's getting so many at one time that means less trauma down the road?

But at the same time, the poor kiddo is miserable with so many at one time. Sucks no matter how you look at it.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home