07 October 2008

QUESTION!

So.

If the Wife wins on wake up, feedings and the morning nap, but the Boy insist on only napping for an hour in the afternoon and then WAILING for an hour and then napping for an additional 40 minutes on TOP of ME, does that mean I win the day?

Also this.

The Husband is getting ready for some fancy pants dinner that he has to attend as part of his program and he came in to where I'm writing this and asked,

"Did you happen to find a packet of Listerine breath strips come through the laundry?"

"Yes." I replied. "They melted in the washer, it was disgusting, but the whites came out minty fresh."

"Huh. Well, um, sorry about that. I think I forgot them in my shirt pocket." He says.

"Uh-huh."

These are the sorts of moments that no one tells you about when you are engaged and preparing to embark upon marriage. That there will be moments when your husband is about to go to a fancy pants dinner with out you (you will be home being spit up upon by an in-the-process-of-being-usurped-by-a-schedule mini-dictator) and you will be questioned about breath strips going through the laundry and perfuming your underwear. You must bear it nobly. Good luck.

Labels: ,

4 Comments:

At October 7, 2008 at 5:45 PM , Anonymous Sarah said...

I say you're the overall winner...especially if the night goes well. And boo for fancy-pants dinners that don't include The Wife. Boo! And boo for husband's that don't check their dang pockets. Boo!

 
At October 8, 2008 at 10:41 AM , Anonymous ~SH~ said...

Glad you are winning for the most part! Also, I agree with the BOO to men not checking pockets. Although, I mustn't complain really ... usually the only thing Justin leaves in his pockets is money. I like to call it my "doing-his-laundry" fee. :)

 
At October 9, 2008 at 11:01 PM , Anonymous Emily said...

Um. I'm actually really good about going through Brad's pockets, but forget to do my own. Oops. Just wait until you forget to go through the boys pockets. We get rocks on a daily basis in our washer.

Yeah- boo to the fancy dinner! I thought it sounded like fun, until I realized I wasn't invited. Supposedly Brad tried to allow the spouses to attend, but it was denied. Let's have our own fancy dinner! (By the way, I had Mac n Cheese that night. And did your husband tell you what they ate??) I'm really not complaining. In some ways I much more prefer being with the kids. But maybe with a better menu...

 
At October 10, 2008 at 12:47 PM , Anonymous Kristin said...

Minty fresh laundry, not bad. Doing laundry in this house is always a surprise. The worst pockets are Emma's. Just wait until the boy puts caterpillars in his pockets. They do float, who knew. And yes, you are the winner. You are the mother and thus the winner, always!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home