24 September 2008

Confession

I am a MEAN mom.

And here's why.

The Boy and I were hanging out the other day. He was in his bouncy chair while I ate some lunch and he started a-fussing so I got down on the floor to make weird faces at him while I finished my lunch.

He started making some hilarious faces back at me so I ran and got the camera. And the hilarious faces--so very expressive of his many strong opinions quickly deteriorated into this:

Look at how pitiful he is! Nobody loves him! People only laugh at his distress! WOE! Woe to him!

And when that doesn't work, he tries this:

Look at that LIP! The pout! The look of EXPECTATION in those eyes! I'm doomed when this kid hits 2.

I showed the pictures to the Husband when he got home from school and he said, "What do you mean he looks like me?"

Truth is I'm a sucker and it works every time!

Labels:

8 Comments:

At September 24, 2008 at 8:54 AM , Anonymous ~SH~ said...

That is hilarious!! Great capturing there! :)

Still miss you ...

 
At September 24, 2008 at 9:01 AM , Anonymous Miss Sarah in Georgia said...

What a darling! And I agree--he looks like his proud papa.

 
At September 24, 2008 at 11:18 AM , Anonymous Whimsy said...

Funny faces are for LAUGHING. And you'll tell The Boy so - even as you're showing his prom date these pictures. Nice.

 
At September 24, 2008 at 1:36 PM , Anonymous Sarah said...

That is too funny! When I saw the second picture I thought "Holy Cow! It's Mini-Chris!" Then I scrolled down and laughed out loud. Thanks for the laugh.

 
At September 24, 2008 at 6:25 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Just for the record, I knew it was lil' bro's baby just by looking at the first pic. That apple didn't fall far from that tree. MB

 
At September 24, 2008 at 6:53 PM , Anonymous Jill said...

i LOVE cameron's priceless expression!

 
At September 25, 2008 at 4:38 PM , Anonymous Emily said...

So funny! He's going to love those pics as he gets older! Like Father, like Son.

 
At September 28, 2008 at 8:28 PM , Anonymous The Robinson Family said...

I found your site off Katrina's... I just wanted you to know how much I admire you! Your did a great job today (the little bit I heard) and constantly make me laugh. Thanks for being you! And thanks for posting such great pics! Hilarious!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home