18 September 2008

Hmmmmm.

Well.

That was unexpected.

After days of not napping well at all, the Boy has decided that he wants a schedule. And he has sort of put himself on the aforementioned schedule. Just when I was becoming accustomed to our unstructured days.

On the upside! He naps! Twice! Every day! For more than 20 minutes! I guess he naps three times if you count the nap he has on top of me in the evenings after dinner but before bed. I call it his apéritif nap...since it's usually an hour before he goes down for the night.

And I've been using the Baby Bjorn to go for long walks with him in the morning as a sort of concerted effort to NOT live the rest of my life in a woman-suit 8 sizes too big. It's actually quite fun, when I'm not schlepping red-faced uphill with 12 pounds of baby strapped to my chest. He opens his eyes so wide and just STARES at the world...and I tell him about the sky and the trees and the weather and the world. He usually drifts to sleep and I wrap him up when we get home and he finishes his nap in peace.

Sorry for not having written much about the Husband of late. He's been sort of absent. It's ok. It's just school is keeping him a lot (A LOT) busier than it did last year, so the result is that I don't see much of him, and what I do see of him is after a looooong day and we're both exhausted. You'll have to get him to tell you about his Impostor conference yesterday and he can tell you about the impostors we both are and how we cope with our impostorness.

In other exciting news, I'm thinking of making this CAKE for the ward activity this Saturday. I think it would go over beautifully, what do you think?

Labels: ,

4 Comments:

At September 18, 2008 at 12:25 PM , Anonymous Whimsy said...

YAY FOR NAPPAGE! AND SOME SEMBLANCE OF ORDER! AND THE CAKE! BRING ON THE CAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAKE! I don't suppose it ships well, hmm?

 
At September 18, 2008 at 12:41 PM , Anonymous Katrina said...

So yeah, that cake looks gross. But I'm sure it tastes great.

 
At September 18, 2008 at 4:01 PM , Anonymous Kristin said...

Wow, those tootsie rolls, look a bit too real for my taste. I'd hate for Agnes to slip one in before the ward party. Although, that would make for the most memorable ward party I've ever attended.

 
At September 18, 2008 at 7:50 PM , Anonymous Jill said...

okay, thanks for the ab workout with the laugh til you drop cake and the cool blog that went with it and the even funnier comments...i need to go do something productive. good luck on that....cake. :)

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home