29 October 2008

Gestures

So, I know that I've said it a lot--the Husband is not romantic.

I was thinking about this this morning because the Husband decided at 7am that he needed to sleep in, so I got up with the Boy and let him sleep a bit. And my conclusion, he's not conventionally romantic.

Once I started looking for them, I found romantic gestures all over the place. So I've decided that once a week I shall spotlight one of the Husband's romantic gestures and you can all go home and hug and smooch your sweethearts alight in the glow of love.

This week's romantic gesture? He bought me fizzy drinks.

Normally, we have a carbonation-free household. It's not for any good reason, it saves money and if it's in the house it's all I drink and what is best for me is water...so, no carbonation.

But! When I get sick I have a really hard time drinking water--it tastes like mucus and grosses me out, so the result is that I don't drink that much and what I need is fluids. So last night, we went to Sams to buy milk and on the way home he stopped so that we could buy some fizzy drinks. Isn't he sweet?

Now for all of you lovely people, go and do something unconventional for the one you love.

Labels: ,

4 Comments:

At October 29, 2008 at 12:30 PM , Anonymous brandonsmom_02 said...

I was just thinking the same thing last night. My husband is also not romantic - and sometimes I can really get low and feel sorry for myself sometimes....when in reality he just shows his love in different ways than wine and poetry.

Last night he bought me a chocolate candy bar and put it in the freezer because I joked the night before that we never have any chocolate in the house. I didn't even think he was listening.

**Swoon** :)

 
At October 29, 2008 at 1:14 PM , Anonymous Sarah said...

Yay for fizzy drinks when you're sick! Layne's idea of romance is attacking me when I collapse in bed at the end of the long day. Let's say mine is a little different. I do have to give him credit for surprising me last weekend by getting a babysitter and taking me out. Now THAT'S romantic!

 
At October 30, 2008 at 10:12 PM , Anonymous Kristin said...

Did he buy you THE rootbeer of all rootbeers? Also, commenting on a few posts back, it's okay to get overly sentimental about The Boy. He made you a mother and he will define much of how you mother the rest of your children. Sure, each child will add and subtract certain things, but THIS BOY, he is laying the foundation. And, that my friend, is huge.

 
At October 31, 2008 at 9:54 AM , Anonymous ~SH~ said...

So I just had to come back and tell you about the sweet gesture I received last night! :) Love must be in the air ...

So, we were at the mall getting my jewelry cleaned and inspected. After leaving the jewelry store, Justin says to Katelyn "Do you think Mommy wants something from in there?" and points to Bath and Body Works store. I smile and in we go. So I find a divine scent and tell him I like it and he says ok well lets get it. And I'm like now? (I thought maybe he was scoping out ideas for birthday or christmas.) And he says yes. Score! So on the way home, I thanked him again and his reply ... "well, you know, you gotta buy things for your woman sometimes" *heart melt* Totally not conventional romantic, but romantic to me from him just the same!

Sorry for the novel ... just wanted to share after you (and the other commenters!) had your not-so-traditional romantic moments!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home