01 September 2008

And....done.

So this weekend was the Boy's blessing. In our church we don't christen babies, we give them a name and a blessing. And...you guessed it! We have no pictures.

That's not entirely true, there are pictures, those elusive ethereal things, but they're on my SIL's camera and NOT in the state of North Carolina. So we'll see. Maybe I'll post some when we get some...but maybe not. But my sister did this huge party for the Boy and it was spectacular! There was barbecue and salads and fruit and veg and cake and cookies (homemade by my mom, natch!) and tons of friends and family (naturally) and everyone wanting to hold the boy and the Boy really wanting to go and lay down! I was telling my sister (laughingly) that it's no wonder babies cry a lot at the beginning, they go from this warm, dark, muffled environment to being out in the air and the light and surrounded by big noisy people who all want to hold him and our faces must seem ginormous to them and we get up close and personal and probably freak them out.

In the meantime, we have visited and visited and visited until the Boy has howled (and I mean HOWLED) with exhaustion and over-stimulation. Example! Last night he slept from 9pm until 5 am STRAIGHT. I fed him and put him back down and he slept again until 8am. Yeah. He was pooped. We said good-bye to the Husband's family this morning, went grocery shopping, came home, fed the Boy and put him down for a nap at 2pm and he slept for 3 hours. Poor kid. We've worn him out and he's on 7 weeks old. But! Now that he's slept some, he's so happy! It's actually quite fun having a happy baby...he's rather entertaining.

And as much as I've enjoyed having family up here, I'm ready to go back to normal life...well, as normal as it can be with a baby in tow. I've planned NOTHING for this week so that he and I can go back to our routine and have some down time.

Sitting here, things are awfully quiet, I think I need to go check out what's going on...now it's your turn, what did you do this weekend?

Labels: ,

1 Comments:

At September 1, 2008 at 11:52 PM , Anonymous Kristi B said...

thanks for the great time. Cameron is adorable. love you lots.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home