19 August 2008

Oh the illogicality of our lives...

I'm sitting in our front room floor writing this out, it's more updating for updating's sake than anything else. Agnes is having the hardest time adjusting to life now that she doesn't get her On-top-of-one-of-us-all-the-time lifestyle anymore and she jumped up in the rocking chair to comfort herself in proud silence when the Husband rousted her down...the conversation went something like this:

The Husband: Get DOWN.
The Wife: Why? You don't sit up there and she's not bothering anyone.
The Husband: I know, but that's the Boy's spot.
The Wife: The Boy doesn't sit up there either.
The Husband: I know.
The Wife: Then why?...
The Husband: I don't know, I just don't want her up there...

Ahhhh. I love the smell of illogical neuroses in the morning...smells like...HOME.

You realize, of course, that I can easily match the Husband neurotic tendency for neurotic tendency so I'm allowed to make fun a bit.

Since my thinking is either in bullet points or long rambling digressions, I thought that I would update you all with bullet points since I can appreciate how busy you all are what with spouses and children and THE OLYMPICS.

Here are some totally random thoughts from Burnstopia:

  • The Chinese are total cheaters in gymnastics, if those girls are 16 then I will eat my own foot and I'm a vegetarian.
  • Yesterday was my last official "day" at the workplace...RIP funny, sarcastic stories of professional types. Maybe I will resurrect you for a collection of short stories.
  • Last night the Boy slept from 9:30-4am straight! I actually got up to check if he was still breathing...he was. He was just tired, I guess.
  • Today was the Husband's first day of class, I was a little jealous but mostly just excited for him. He came home less than excited to be back in classes. C'est la vie.
  • I've plowed through 2 quarts of strawberries and a huge quantity of grapes. Never underestimate the power of fruit to brighten up your day.
  • Agnes tried to lay on the Boy for the first time today. I was nursing him in bed and she stepped over his head to attempt to lay down on top of him. I looked at her and said, "No." And she decided to just cuddle him instead. When people ask us why we aren't co-sleeping, this is what I tell them. Agnes doesn't quite understand the line between cuddling and SUFFOCATION. She means well, she just overestimates his ability to free himself from her loving WALLOW.
  • I'm waiting on 2 books from amazon. 1 for a book club that I'm contemplating picking up with and the other one is just for ME. For FUN. AKA: Not to learn ANYTHING AT ALL. I know. I am a REBEL.
  • My days are bizarrely unstructured right now...some days we nap, some days we don't, some days we get stuff done and some days we sit and cuddle and read all. day. long. I feel guilty. GUILTY. Terrible. Like some unproductive, uncooperative member of society. I know. Am crazy. Send help. Also, ice cream.
  • I am so ready for Fall. Very very done with summer. Send cool weather. Soon.
I'm going to stop now since the list is degenerating to circles of random that are neither sensible nor funny nor interesting. Instead, I'm going to go wrap my son up in a flannel blanket with FLAMES on it!

Labels:

4 Comments:

At August 20, 2008 at 2:22 AM , Anonymous Whimsy said...

LONG LIVE THE FLAMES!!! (And that orange will seriously ignite the retinas if you're not careful.)

Why do husbands insist on moving cats that are Minding Their Own Business in a Place Not of the Husband's Choosing? Not that I'd know anything about this... but poor Phoebe is just constantly being rerouted and I feel terrible for her. Of course her choices of location are questionable: on top of the computer, on Chip's sleeping face, in Chip's bowl of ice cream, inside Chip's nearly packed suitcase... she just loves that guy.

 
At August 20, 2008 at 10:13 AM , Anonymous ~SH~ said...

In a pamphlet I received from the hospital it said that you need not worry about cats suffocating babies. (It said the only concern with cats was scratching.) I guess for some innate reason, they know not to. BUT, being as I don't know Agnes, certainly go with your gut. (Not that you needed me to tell you that! ha!) But I'm just saying it wasn't a concern in our house especially after reading that and knowing our kitties.

Enjoy the unstructured days!!

Oh and p.s. - I'll send ice cream when you send salsa.
:P ;)

 
At August 20, 2008 at 11:01 AM , Anonymous M said...

What many of you don't realize is that when I brought Agnes home from the shelter, her preferred location for nighttime sleep was ON MY FACE. Not on the pillow next to me, not my neck, not my shoulder, MY FACE. She nearly suffocated ME and I'm an adult. It's funny but also sort of nerve wracking given her current disdain for the boy...

 
At August 20, 2008 at 12:44 PM , Anonymous Katrina said...

so jared leaves on saturday to take the kids back and will be gone for 5 days. wanna hang out with our boys and eat ice cream or something? it could be good times.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home