24 August 2008

Big Foot

Hypothetically speaking, if you lived in Burnstopia, and you had a son whose claw like finger nails had gouged his face, not once, not twice, but THRICE in a week would you:

a) patiently wait until he is asleep and then neatly file his nails down as instructed in the hospital.

b) bemoan the length and dagger like qualities of said finger nails while doing nothing.

c) finally lose all patience with the constant gouging and attempt to trim the aforementioned fingernails with appropriate clippers but BEFORE feeding him and while he was EXTRA wiggly from the hunger and then accidentally take a small chunk out of his thumb?

If you guessed C--you would fit right in, here in Burnstopia.


But seriously, look, LOOK at these gouges!

2 by his left eye, 1 on the left side of his nose and 1 on the left end of his chin! It cannot be born! It's unconscionable, especially the week before people come in to town to meet him and marvel that such a beautiful child could be born to such adults as the Husband and I!

He and I were not having such a good day together anyway.

First he puked all over me while I was getting ready for church. Which necessitated a second outfit for me.

Then he puked all over me again DURING church which then necessitated going home because seriously--smelling like spit up all day, not so much.

But then the day seemed to improve upon us both. We came home, I changed the offending clothes, the Boy put on the coziest pajamas from the Beautiful Whimsy and we both took a nap. Then came the aforementioned thumb cutting but up to that point the day was getting so much better! Incidentally, the jammies are labeled 3 months. The Boy is 6 weeks old but the jammies? He's wearing them because THEY FIT HIM IN THE FEET!!! My kid. I have bequeathed to him my ginormous feet.


He's sitting next to me and fussing, which, how could you fuss if you looked this cute?


Thank you for the jammies, Alice! And the COOL onesie! AND the toy! And the taggie blanket! You're the best!

Labels:

3 Comments:

At August 24, 2008 at 7:28 PM , Anonymous Whimsy said...

So glad you liked the presents!!! That was our FAVORITE set of pj's. LONG LIVE THE STRIPES!

 
At August 24, 2008 at 10:17 PM , Anonymous Katrina said...

Note on baby finger nails: I have been very carefully tearing his nails as they get longer. Usually the corner will snag a big and then I can just gently tear the rest. It doesn't hurt and there is no risk of cutting. Baby nails are so soft so this really works for Asher.

 
At August 25, 2008 at 4:49 PM , Anonymous Stew said...

Me and my wife folded on the filing and took to the clipping pretty quickly too. Doctors don't really know what they are talking about anyways! I would have opted for just letting my son gouge his face but my wife wasn't going to let that happen. Good luck with it.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home