13 June 2008

Sketches 2

The Husband likes to putter in the mornings.

I am very much a, get up, get going, get things done, so that the day goes, and I can come home again kind of person. But the Husband, he putters.

He lays in bed for a while.
He checks his email.
He cuddles the cats.
He reads fark.com.
He cleans the cat box.
He follows me around to hug and cuddle and rub the belly.
He sits at his desk and thinks of things he doesn't want to do during the day.
Eventually he gets in the shower and attempts to make progress, by which point, we're already running late.

The other morning I was basically ready and gathering up the stuff I needed to take to work and he picked up the howling Agnes and cradled her in his arms all the while talking about his sweet baby Agnes (while she wriggled and attempted to free herself from his overly zealous embrace). And I looked at him and said, "Um. Are you going to do that to the Boy when he gets here?" And the Husband (with his face in Agnes' belly fur) replied, "As long as he'll let me."

And I think I fell a little bit more in love with him than I was before.

Labels:

1 Comments:

At June 13, 2008 at 11:47 PM , Anonymous Sarah said...

Oh how we love Chris. Not as much as you. Obviously. I can't wait to see him as a daddy. And you as a mommy. Looks like we're all growing up...who knew that would ever happen?!?!?

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home