09 June 2008

Right, then.

Yeah. I have a blog too.

Last week was a loooooong week. Some of the professional types seem determined to grind me into dust while squeezing out every last living drop of workity work from me that they can. The result was that by the time I got to the weekend I was tapped out and exhausted and miles to go before I could sleep. And people? It is 100 degrees outside. 100. In June. JUNE! We have all summer still to go and I am going to spontaneously combust.

My goal was to get all the of the hard-core chores done (like cleaning the carpets etc) so that for the next 3-5 weekends until the boy arrives we can just take it easy. The Husband kept saying, "There's too much to do, we can't get it all done." Little does he know. The one way to get me to do EVERYTHING is to tell me it can't be done. I'll do it all just to spite you! So I did. And oh, how I have paid the price.

My bones, they are throbbing.

And there is no 36 week belly pic this week because I would not hold still long enough to take one.

The secret to getting so much done? Keep moving--I've learned this from watching children--as soon as they stop they realize that they're tired and they start to fade fade fade. Pregnant version of the Wife works in much the same way, so I keep going from one project to the other and I don't stop until everything is done. Voila!

Anyway, I'm back at work and my "To Do" list is 8 miles long and my only compulsion for doing it is that they are having a big ol' shower for me on Friday the 13th (how awesome is that? So fitting given that parenthood is the most frightening choice I have ever made--also I think a hockey mask might come in handy...I've heard tales of projectile poop that would make protection seem like a reasonable choice) and I know I won't get much done that day between a doctor's appointment in the morning and CAKE later on, I'm chalking the day up to spent.

I've pretty much given up hope of not gaining too much weight--I've switched from ice cream to frozen yogurt but the Oreoes? They are my friends...in addition to cold watermelon, peanut butter m&ms, full fat yogurt and toast with butter and eggs. The result? skyrocketing blood sugar and weight. I continue to tell the Husband that the days are numbered and we are returning to our normal healthy routines of healthy food and EXERCISE. He looks at me with a pained expression in the hopes of incurring my sympathy--but lo, there is none.

Labels:

1 Comments:

At June 10, 2008 at 12:34 PM , Anonymous Whimsy said...

Breathe. Breathe.

And then go eat some full fat yogurt with a side of Oreos and full fat fat FAT ice cream. I think you deserve it.

I lurve you.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home