23 April 2008

What a Difference a Year Makes

Ok.

So, I will admit it--I didn't even know there was an Administrative Professionals Day until this day last year. When I received: 1 pound of Godiva dark chocolates and a NICE gift card to a local book shop. This year? Nothing.

Not even a, "hey, thanks for making sure all my CRAP is taken care of!" (and yes, I know that that's a poorly constructed sentence, that's why I'm able to get away with it!)

And no, I don't work here for the PRESENTS--I work here for the health insurance and that's about it. Still. The presents are LOVELY and they totally shake up the monotony of my daily life at this point.

So I started thinking of everything else that's changed in a year...please, join me for a trip down memory lane...

A year ago I was...
  • job hunting, because I hate(d) my job.
  • Not pregnant and still on the pill.
  • just finding out that Whimsy was off the pill and trying for the BEAN.
  • making plans for the Husband to start the graduate program in the Fall.
  • editing. Lots of editing.
  • talking about getting a dog.
  • reading lots of Dickens
This year I am...
  • trying to negotiate pregnancy.
  • apartment hunting.
  • supporting the Husband as he finishes his first year and searches for an internship
  • still hate my job but not job hunting (right now).
  • more editing.
  • packing for the move into the apartment that we DON'T have yet.
  • trying to find a comfortable position to sleep in.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home