08 January 2008

Oh dear, we are in trouble...

Hi. So, um, I got all excited with the end of the year crap that I sort of neglected the blog.

Sorry about that.

We went to Savannah for New Years--it's tradition, we go every year. But this year was a whole new breed of suckitude. Everyone was sick when we got there and therefore foul beyond description. The Husband's friends failed to hook up with us and us with them for a variety of reasons, but it all ended with he and I in our pajamas at 9pm on New Year's Eve watching a marathon of No Reservations on the Travel Channel.

Needless to say, The Husband was not amused.

We left early Monday morning, both of us foul and him getting sick. Not to be outdone, I got sick the next day.

And I have been sick ever since. Sick to the point of not being able to get out of bed. Sick to the point of not being able to talk...it was ugly. Lucky for me, the Husband still loves me. We went to the doctor last Friday for the Child and I inquired as to the current depressed state of my immune system and the midwife said, "Well, honey. You're immune system is kind of otherwise occupied." This situation had never occurred to me. Everything else in my body is multitasking, why not my immune system? Apparently, it takes all it's goodness and insulates the child and leaves the rest of me to rot. Lovely, no?

So, I'm still here. Coughing up a lung and blowing my brains loose...and cannot expect any change for 6 more months! Woo-hoo!

Also, everyone at work is back now and hard at work which means that piles are beginning to accumulate on my desk again. I'm thinking seriously of putting up this sign:


I know. It's incredibly poor taste and also probably a bad translation but it really makes me laugh.

So, here's what I've got for New Year's Resolutions for you:

1) Be more diligent about working out.
I know. Everyone uses this one, but I am actually serious.

2) Revise some old papers and submit them for publication.
I'll keep you posted on further developments.

3) Survive childbirth. And also be able to love my Child at the end of this...
Seriously, people.

4) Be a better wife.
The Husband deserves it.

5) Have more fun.
I am a worker. At work, at home, at church...it's what I do. It's become another form of hiding. The problem is that the Husband and I end up like roommates rather than husband and wife...so really resolution 5 works well with resolution 4.

Your turn now. I promise not to hold it against you. What are your resolutions for this year...and they don't have to be big or cliched...just goals you have for this year.

Labels:

2 Comments:

At January 8, 2008 at 12:09 PM , Anonymous the MuLLinS said...

I am going to run. Run my life away. I am doing a 10K in a month, a 1/2 marathon in another month, and another 1/2 marathon in another month. I figure if I do 2, that makes a marathon, right? I am so sorry you caught the plague, Evan and Thatcher got it too... could it be Bronchitis? That's what they had and Evan has been out for almost 3 weeks!! Nasty stuff... Well, good luck in the 2008.

 
At January 8, 2008 at 8:03 PM , Anonymous Whimsy said...

Whimsy goals for 2008 (or as I'd rather think of this list: stuff that sounds good to do in the next year)

- Continue with regular yoga routine
- Have healthy baby in March
- Increase daily physical activity: strength-training, brisk uphill walking, yoga, pilates
- Increase intake of healthy food
- Work on art at least once a week
- Be a better human being

That last one is sort of all-encompassing, don't you think?

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home