26 December 2007

84 days

I hope you all had a merry Christmas, as we did. We spent Christmas eve together, opening presents and laughing heartily at one another. Christmas day was spent with my sister and her family, my parents and my 91 year old Grandmother. We opened more presents, we ate more candy than is good for anyone and laughed heartily at one another...some more. All in all it was a lovely day, if a bit exhausting. We came home last night and took down the tree and put the apartment right. As much as I love Christmas, this year it was a sort of milestone and one that we're both grateful to have past.

Last Saturday it was 12 weeks. 84 days. The pit has officially blossomed into a fetus. On this note, my sister has FORBIDDEN us from referring to The Child as the pit so from henceforth it will simply be The Child. It was fun, but she's right. It's not an inanimate object any more, it's a being that will eventually grow into our Child.

How insane is that?! We're going to have a CHILD?! And just to prove how crazy we cats are, here's proof. 12 week rainy day belly:

I know. You're all looking at my chest. It is impressive. Some days it feels like they need their own postal code. I just keep telling myself that my child will drink cream.

Today is my last day off this week. Tomorrow it's back to work, back to life, back to normal. We're cleaning out today in hopes that somehow in our tiny utopia there will be room enough for the Child and all the child's necessaries. It's a good thing they start out small.

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

At December 26, 2007 at 12:17 PM , Anonymous Whimsy said...

Oh look at the CUTE POOCH BELLY! WE LOVE THE BELLY!!!!!!

Of course this child is going to be drinking cream. This child will be part of CREAM: THE NEXT GENERATION.

So glad we are forbidding The Pit - I was sad to think of calling him or her that at 3 years old. Because this child is going to be ADORABLE.

Yay!

 
At December 29, 2007 at 2:35 PM , Anonymous ~SH~ said...

YAY! 12 week belly pic! (And another yay for passing that stressful mark!) Oh and trust me, the chest gets even more impressive once that cream comes in! WHOA!! Man, I miss you!! So, just wanted to say hey since I finally got around to catching up on my blog reading. Glad your Christmas was good! Can't wait to see you back at work soon. I'll be back on the 22nd. :)

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home