11 June 2010

Summer Salad

Ok, so this post is really for my sister Susie, but I thought all of you might enjoy it too.


I came home from the family reunion STARVING for vegetables.  So I headed out grocery shopping and picked up an assortment of crunchy, earthy greens and here's what I did:

1 bag of broccoli slaw (it's a mix of grated broccoli stalk, red cabbage and carrots)
1 zucchini, grated
1 yellow squash, grated
3 carrots, grated
1 bag of snow peas, sliced (Market Fresh packages these so that they're washed and easy to incorporate)
4 stalks of celery, sliced

Toss it well.  The squashes and carrots are water logged and will clump together so use a giant bowl and toss toss toss.  I topped it with Italian dressing but it would also be good with something gingery and Asian.  Or that yummy lime vinaigrette would be good too.  I think next time, I might also add a couple big handfuls of bean sprouts for I love me some sprouts.

I'm thinking I'll be eating this all summer long.  It makes a nice big bowl full so I'm keeping it in the fridge so that I can grab a big bowl full for lunch and dinner and everything is streamlined and EASY.  For I am lazy but happiest when eating healthy.


Now your turn, what's your favorite summer salad?

Labels: , ,

1 Comments:

At June 11, 2010 at 7:53 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

That sounds good. My mom used to get broccoli slaw all the time. Hmmm...maybe I should pick some up. I love spinach, mandarin oranges, sliced almonds and poppy seed dressing. Yum!

My word verification is wardo. As in, that weirdo in your ward. Wardo. We've actually got a few here...

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home