26 April 2010

Redirection, not Misdirection--post edit

Well, hello there.

How have you been?

I'm doing pretty well.  Well, as well as can be expected all things considered.  Chris is still job hunting and thus, still Foul.  The Boy remains fabulous.  It's hot already down these parts and the bugs are out in force.  My feet look like  a connect the dot puzzle of ant, gnat, chigger whatever whatever bites.  I itch ferociously.  I have several projects going and I've given up hope of reading new books and am rereading an old favorite.  It's so restful to my mind right now and I find that that is precisely what this Spring is calling for.

I've been doing a lot of thinking lately.

Thinking about our home, our family, our life and this blog.  And how all of those things are intertwined.  And I have come to a conclusion.

I need some space.

Well, ok, that much you probably already knew.  But I think what I really need is a NEW space.  And since we know we're looking down the barrel of another move to another new place, I thought it time to create a new blog space.  Burnstopia has been good to us, but alas, it is time to bid it farewell.  I am going to try to transfer my archives over, so the record will be continuous, but it is time to start fresh.

I'm guessing it will take a bit of time for me to get everything moved over and up and running so I'm putting this up now:


If you would like to continue reading and frequenting the random and occasionally odd inner-workings of my mind and my family life, please send me an email [burnstopiaATgmailDOTcom].  I think that for a while anyway, I need the new space to be private.  It's not that I don't love the random lurker, it's just that I need to feel secure and security for Moi, always, ALWAYS equals hiding.  And so that is what I shall be doing.  For a while anyway.

EDIT:  For the record, I don't mind if we've never met.  I don't mind if you just happened upon me randomly and took up reading my blog.  You can still send me and email and be included in the love.  We're all about inclusion 'round these parts.  If you haven't commented, I just don't know who you are so I need the email to include you, yo.

I'll update here when Things start happening--when we get a job and we know where we will be geographically.  When the Boy does hilarious and endearing things.  When the occasional insight smacks me in the head and reminds me that I should probably write that down. 

Until then...

Labels:

2 Comments:

At April 26, 2010 at 10:44 AM , Anonymous Sarah said...

Moving over your archives is pretty easy. If you go to "Settings" the first item has an option to export your blog. It will walk you through moving it over. Also, you can export it at anytime to save a copy on your hard drive which I do occasionally. I seriously doubt Blogger will ever delete my whole blog but it's nice to know I've got a copy.

 
At April 26, 2010 at 2:40 PM , Anonymous Katrina said...

you could also just change the name and blogspot on this exact blog. that gives you a new url but you don't have to export anything. Go to "Settings" and then "Publishing". Since you already have the new one set up, you could just rename that one to free up the name to use when you rename this one. Just a thought. Hope that made sense.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home