02 November 2009

The Thumbalina Wife

Chris had a truly wretched week last week. Work had piled up while he was attending conferences, it was all coming due at the same time, he had meetings meetings meetings and more meetings, we were all sick, the Beetle died an inexplicable death, and he had Halloween festivities to prepare for and participate in. By Thursday he was a right foul husband.

Thursday morning I got up to clean out the cat box and shower before the Boy woke up for the day. Chris was putting on his tie and puttering in general. I gave him a big hug and whispered a combination of encouragement and sweet nothings in his ear.

He hugged me tighter and said, "Are you sure I can't just put you in my pocket and take you to work with me all day?"

I smiled and said, "Like a Thumbalina Wife?"

And he said, "Exactly."

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home