04 September 2007

Weekend Update

So, I...um...just saw how long it's been since I posted last and I'm having terrible blog-neglect-guilt, so here I am with a very boring update of what we did for our Labor Day Weekend.



TA-DA! We worked! On Labor Day! Oh we are ironic fools, are we not?



Actually, we headed down to Savannah on Friday. Had dinner with the lovely In-Laws at the wonderful Bellas (their raviolis with marinara are creamy and delicious) on Friday night. Then breakfast with the indomitable Grandmama on Saturday morning then I worked and The Husband did the homework. Saturday night was sushi at Wasabi with The Best Friend of the Husband (hereafter denoted as The Jeff) and The Sarah Ellen (another lovely friend of The Husband) and The Britain (who defies description). Then lots of conversation and home again home again. Sunday was a rousing round of family catch-up, culminating in a lovely dinner at Chez Sheffields in South Carolina. Monday we lazed around the house for quite a while eating crepes and watching the marathon of No Reservations (The Husband has a secret desire to live like Anthony Bourdain when he grows up). We finally got on the road around 1pm and headed back to Durham. I proudly admit that I napped most of the way home (and through the worst of the traffic). Being diplomatic is very hard work.



We got home and got back into our routine. The Husband doing more homework and me unpacking, laundering, packing lunches and chasing the cats...you know, for exercise. Off to bed and up again to start it all over again today. For all that though, and I know, this all sounds incredibly mundane and dull, but it's home and it's ours. And sure, it would be nice to have Anthony Bourdain's life for a week, or even a month. But at the end of the show, I want to come home to my empty answering machine, my cats and bed sweet bed.



Your turn. What did you do for Labor Day weekend?

Labels:

1 Comments:

At September 4, 2007 at 6:48 PM , Anonymous Whimsy said...

BAD WHIMSY - who has not commented on The Wife's blog for HOW LONG??? I have come out of hibernating to share the following: we went to a music festival, and ate a lot, and I had some HILLARIOUS stomach issues, and we went shopping for Chip, and ate a lot, and watched a freakishly scary movie. I'll update more on The Creamery, when I recover from WEEKEND EXTRAORDINAIRE, tomorrow.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home