23 July 2007

Amazon dot com: MegaInternetBastard

Here's the story:

I pre-ordered HP7 on Feb. 6th for Chris' birthday. The poor man was working a job he hated for crap pay and knew that he wasn't going to med school and was scrambling for a back-up plan so seeing the pre-order for HP7 was the one bright spot for a good 6-8 weeks there. Besides the fact that i had been listening to him ask when 7 was going to get here for the past YEAR (basically since he finished 6). So, I pre-ordered and amazon.com kept saying that it would be delivered BY UPS on Saturday the 21st.

So we stayed at home. and we waited. and waited. and Chris watched Babel. and we waited. And the mail came. at 6:30pm. And there was a parcel notice saying that our copy of HP was delivered to the office via USPS. and the office closes at 5pm. Chris was LIVID to say the least. I haven't seen him that enraged in a long time. And frankly, when he gets mad...it's best not to be the subject of that rage. So, I go on-line, I pull up the order, and I call the customer service number. I sit on hold. I wait and wait and wait and all the while, Chris is pacing and RANTING about the injustice, how we could have gone at midnight for all this hassle, OR we could have just bought it while we were at Sams Club that morning and on and on and on.

Finally this woman, Anita (bless her heart, poor unlucky soul) answers the phone and I shush Christopher and begin to lay into the poor unsuspecting woman about how this is not the first time that amazon has screwed me over for my naivete, I apologized in advance for my RAGE but I have a very ANGRY husband to live with at the moment and it is the fault of her HATEFUL organization! I don't exactly remember everything I said, but I'm pretty sure I made my case stating the deception of listing delivery BY UPS on Saturday when in reality it had come BY USPS the slowest mail carrier KNOWN TO MAN!!! I went on to assure them that i would be pulling ALL of my business from their organization--amounting to thousands (sadly I wish this were an exaggeration) every year, in addition to telling every living soul about how HORRENDOUS their total WANT of customer service is and that they take unnatural pleasure in SCREWING over their customers. I went on to insist that she forward any recording of my call to the board members and executives so that they could hear the $$ draining from their bonuses and retirement funds. 20 minutes of ranting later, I was hoarse and told her that I felt much better and that if she should choose to leave her current DEMON-ORGANIZATION she could pursue a successful career as a therapist. I think I also told her that she should enjoy sharing this story with her co-workers as I have had a job similar to hers in my past and know exactly what kind of stories get told about calls like the one I just gave her. She chuckled and assured me that the amount of HP7 would be refunded and that I could just write return-to-sender on the package and I wouldn't be charged anything. She was actually a very nice person...but we hate Hate HATE amazon.com now. I'm switching to B&N permanently.

So, there you go. How Melissa Opened up a Can of Whoop A** on Amazon.com.

Labels:

1 Comments:

At July 23, 2007 at 2:39 PM , Anonymous Whimsy said...

Fantastic!
Wonderful!
A masterpiece!
And also: very funny!

Count on me to always be uber supportive. Because that's what I'm here for. I'm excited you're doing this.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home